Integrity Check Fail

Sel94

I've recently started playing online but sometimes I get the Integrity Check Fail message when I try to join a server. I have a feeling it's simply the mods I am using but last time I uninstalled them, bad things happened so I reinstalled them.(ex. Uninstalling EFA mod will not let you start a mission) So I guess this is more about how my integrity check will pass. Is it safe to uninstall the mods, then reinstall Flaming Cliffs 2 to make sure I have a clean version?

Ok thanks and now I'm getting some wierd things like I can't unpause at start (like for EFA mod) should I just completly uninstall FC2 from my computer then install it?

Also, I got this result after completly uninstalling FC2 then reinstalling it.

Should I just delete/uninstall all FC2 stuff and redownload? And would I need another code and redownload patch? If I can get a clean virsion, I'll be sure to back up it.

Edited by Sel94

IT's very wierd. I did what you said but I do not get a clean install. It seems to use the old version that I was using. The uninstalled mod still affects it and even the modded file to help the game run smoother is still there after uninstall and new install.

Thanks Crunch. It works.

And for Nate: I guess when I uninstall/delete everything, I expected everything to be reset, as if I just got it. But appearently that's not the case, as everything saved and is still there after doing everything.

Edited by Sel94

I was talking with someone online and he said UAC for Win 7 was keeping the files or something like that so it would just put them with my install. Does that mean anything? I would like a clean version of this for backup and such. One particular problem I am having is that in only one server that I sometimes play on, most functions for my Su-25t do not work. This is one reason I want a clean version.

Ahhh... you may be onto something there, install FC2 in to a folder like C:\games\FC2 and back it up. Don't install in C:\Program Files.

UAC keeps a dummy version of C:\Program files and it contents for security purposes, but in my experience it causes more trouble that it's worth.

Nate

Let's be clear so I don't mess things up. I make a new file in C: ('cause I don't have a good one for games) install FC2 and the patch in that folder, back it up, and that's it. Right? I just want to make sure. I might keep the old one though for mods.

Thanks.

set you UCP of windows vista OFF and search to the files. i think your windows made a backup and will get the files from it when you do a reinstall

I had the same problem with my flaming cliff 1.12B

A reinstall and again the old files

So search the folder to find where windows place the backup. delete the files. set ucp off and reinstall again

Let's be clear so I don't mess things up. I make a new file in C: ('cause I don't have a good one for games) install FC2 and the patch in that folder, back it up, and that's it. Right? I just want to make sure. I might keep the old one though for mods.

Thanks.

Yeah, basically install it anywhere but C:\program files. Like C:\FC2 for example.

It honestly had me puzzled that you were uninstalling, yet retaining your previous settings. I had Forgotten about UAC. It may be better in the long run to remove FC2 completely from Program files and start fresh in the new folder

Nate