Freetrack support in DCS: A-10C Warthog

Hi,

I know this is somewhat of a hot question in some circles, and I've looked through the stickies and found nothing newer than five months old on the subject, but I'm wondering if there's a chance that A-10C will support freetrack nativley either now (in the beta which I'm currently downloading) or once it is released?

I was exceedingly impressed with Bohemia Interactive Studios when they added freetrack support to ARMA2, they've got me as a customer forever as a result. I would like to see Eagle Dynamics do the same.

Thanks,

tjhowse.

TrackIR producer which the name can't be said has big pressure force of its regime :)

I hope there will be native support without patching files.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Not sure if you used FT with Black Shark, but if you did you probably had to use TIRFixer. Right now it doesn't work with Warthog as it uses a newer DLL. The creator of TIRFixer has been notified and it's being updated to work with Warthog.

I don't think ED can do much about FreeTrack; they supported at least one free headtracking application before and had to remove it on request, so I'm pretty sure their hands are tied, unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It s pretty normal ED doesn t support freetrack, ED would be pretty pissed if someone would do a rogue software of A10c Warthog for example.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I don't think ED can do much about FreeTrack; they supported at least one free headtracking application before and had to remove it on request, so I'm pretty sure their hands are tied, unfortunately.
I'm having trouble understanding this. Who requested the removal of the other free headtracking application?

It s pretty normal ED doesn t support freetrack, ED would be pretty pissed if someone would do a rogue software of A10c Warthog for example.
It's just another input device. It would be akin to a particular flight simulator game only working with a certain brand of joystick.

I reiterate: BIS added freetrack support into ARMA2 with a recent patch; what's preventing ED from doing the same?

Thanks,

tjhowse.

So BIS doesn't have any legal issues?

If I remember correctly and if it is true, all NP patents have been rejected and FT uses own API.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

FYI, you can now use the latest version of TIRFixer to patch 32 bit Warthog to support FreeTrack.

Note that if you have a 64 bit system the 32 bit files were installed to \bin\x86, those are the ones you need to patch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AFAIK ED oficially suppoert track ir (Am i wrong), don t know about bohemia ?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.