LockOn ATC Screen Mod

Swisstiger

return from holiday :cool:

A few "bugs" or should i say things that seem not that good.

1. When two aircraft are flying really close to each other (in formation), the info which is displayed of the aircraft are overlapped. Its extremely hard to read what the info is when its overlapped. Any chance that info could be "dragged" away from the aircraft, or that when the info button (in the controls) is not "active", and you press the aircraft, it would only show that aircrafts information? Other improvements would be that there would be two different levels of info, one which would only show the callsign and second which shows the rest of the information.

2. It would be really great to have a airport diagram when you are zoomed into the airport. So, if I zoom into the airport (less than 5nm) I should be able to see the different taxiways and runways etc. It would also be nice to see the aircraft on the ground (like a ground radar) so that aircraft can be controlled and directed on the ground.

These have been just some notes and observations experienced while practicing using this program for CAW (Campaign AirWars).

Thanks again for a great program!

-Thomp

1- Your not the first to say that. So i decided to redo this part. :D. If two ( or more) contacts are really near i can just draw one contact yes/no ?

2- Not really a technical pb just a lot of time . I need all Long/lat of each taxiway airport to be able to draw them. I'don't have time to do that :icon_frow

Brothers31, can we make sure that contacts which are out of range for friendly radars are dropped?

Ie. when a contact leaves the coverage of a friendly radar, it is still 'displayed', ie. if you could see the entire ma it would still be there.

It would be best if a contact which leaves range of friendly radar(s) is dropped. A contact should be maintained if it moves from the coverage area of one friendly radar to another.

Yes, i know this pb. It's because there is not really a range radar detection.. But it's not difficult to modify this point.

thanks to all people using LOTATC :icon_redf :icon_redf :icon_redf

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 1. I would suggest that you detect a mouse-over and only display the information for a contact thtat the mouse is over :) No click, just put the mouse on top of it :)

Please do something about detection range, it will solve everything, and it would also be a very interesting option for the 'free move' map so you could move around and see all the contacts that your radars see, but nothing else (because there is the the possibility that you have multiple airports or destroyable radars per side, so a side should eb able to maintain contact as long as the contact is visible to any oneof its radars ... ) this should ideally be done on the server side and it would then send to the client only data that the client is permitted to see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Originally Posted by 355th_Thomp:-

1. When two aircraft are flying really close to each other (in formation), the info which is displayed of the aircraft are overlapped. Its extremely hard to read what the info is when its overlapped.

On real-life ATC display systems I have worked on back in the day, some would automatically de-conflict the information labels of nearby aircraft by setting the first label at 45 degrees, the next at 90, the next 135, 180, 225, etc. Other less sophisticated systems would allow the user to do the same thing but manually by clicking a mouse (or similar pointing device) on an aircraft's track symbol - each click would move the label around by 45 degrees.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

On real-life ATC display systems I have worked on back in the day, some would automatically de-conflict the information labels of nearby aircraft by setting the first label at 45 degrees, the next at 90, the next 135, 180, 225, etc. Other less sophisticated systems would allow the user to do the same thing but manually by clicking a mouse (or similar pointing device) on an aircraft's track symbol - each click would move the label around by 45 degrees.

Ideally this would be the BEST option. A mouseover is a compromise, but not as realistic.

If we provide you with the lat long of the taxiways etc, can you implement them into the app?

-Thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

Ideally this would be the BEST option. A mouseover is a compromise, but not as realistic.

If we provide you with the lat long of the taxiways etc, can you implement them into the app?

-Thomp

1- It's comming ......

2- Of course, but in decimal degree. Make a draw in LOTATC and Look in dessin.dat :

Ex:

0.000000 0.000000 <---- New draw

45.201253 38.946257 <---- Begin point Lat/Long

45.046292 38.941868 <---- Line to this point

45.046292 39.058872 <---- Line to this point

45.118321 39.012630

45.199950 39.081766

45.200610 38.947168

0.000000 0.000000 <---- New draw

45.198013 39.092677 <---- Begin point Lat/Long

45.042407 39.098774 <---- Line to this point

45.046163 39.181318 <---- Line to this point

45.198559 39.175435

45.197370 39.092675

So you can add runway with this :cool: . After, i can implement it only for ILS view for example etc...

Regards,

New version 0.95 available for tests.

# Add circle of distance of detection for the radars (button RA-I)

# Complete change of display contacts. You can now freely move you on the map (if option validated) with the level of zoom that you desired. Only the contacts in your radars range will be visible :cool:

#Change for the labels. Not very good but in progress, no?

#Add of two additional TeamSpeak channels.

FANTASTIC!!

Thanks for the update!!!

this may sound like a dumb question, but how do you convert from the regular lat lon to the UTM? There's 12 different datum systems, and im not too familiar with this, so how do you get your decimal positional information?

-thomp

355th_THOMP.jpg

FANTASTIC!!

Thanks for the update!!!

this may sound like a dumb question, but how do you convert from the regular lat lon to the UTM? There's 12 different datum systems, and im not too familiar with this, so how do you get your decimal positional information?

-thomp

in fact, UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) is one of this datum.

I'm using standard UTM algo with some personnal modifications ( for technical reason). I need only two zones for LOTATC (36 & 37) .

see here :http://www.dmap.co.uk/utmworld.htm to see all world zones

Thomp,

in case you were asking about how to convert the normal degrees to decimal degrees for your taxiway points, rather than finding out about the complex degrees to UTM conversion, it's very simple.

if you have for example

45 degrees, 6 minutes, 0 seconds it converts to

45,1 degrees...

You leave the integer degrees as they are and add the seconds behind the comma... so one second equals 1/3600

Another Example:

45 degrees 10 minutes 24 seconds = 45 degrees + 624 seconds*1/3600

equals

45.17333333333333333333333333333333 decimal degrees

Valery Blazhnov from the Lock On Development Team has also once very impressivly posted the formula for the degrees to UTM conversion which is little more complex, to say the least...

const float zeroX = 5000000.f; // Real coordinates beginning

const float zeroZ = 6600000.f;

const float centerX = 11465000.f - zeroX; // Circle center

const float centerZ = 6500000.f - zeroZ;

const float pn40x24_X = 4468608.57f - zeroX; // point 40dgN : 24dgE

const float pn40x24_Z = 5730893.72f - zeroZ;

const float pn48x24_X = 5357858.31f - zeroX; // point 48dgN : 24dgE

const float pn48x24_Z = 5828649.53f - zeroZ;

const float pn40x42_X = 4468608.57f - zeroX; // point 40dgN : 42dgE

const float pn40x42_Z = 7269106.20f - zeroZ;

const float pn48x42_X = 5357858.31f - zeroX; // точка 48dgN : 42dgE

const float pn48x42_Z = 7171350.00f - zeroZ;

// distances from the circle center to 48dgN and 40dgN

const double lenNorth = sqrt((pn48x24_X-centerX)*(pn48x24_X-centerX) + (pn48x24_Z-centerZ)*(pn48x24_Z-centerZ));

const double lenSouth = sqrt((pn40x24_X-centerX)*(pn40x24_X-centerX) + (pn40x24_Z-centerZ)*(pn40x24_Z-centerZ));

const double lenN_S = lenSouth - lenNorth;

const double RealAngleMaxLongitude = atan (((double)pn40x24_Z - centerZ)/(pn40x24_X - centerX)) * 180.f / PI;

// Map bounds. Degrees!

const float EndWest = 24.f;

const float EndEast = 42.f;

const float EndNorth = 48.f;

const float EndSouth = 40.f;

const float MiddleLongitude = (EndWest + EndEast) / 2;

const float ToLengthN_S = (float)((EndNorth - EndSouth) / lenN_S);

const double ToAngleW_E = (MiddleLongitude - EndWest) / RealAngleMaxLongitude;

const double ToDegree = 180. / PI;

void GetCoords(double inLatitudeGrad, double inLongitudeGrad, float &outX, float &outZ)

{

double realAng = (inLongitudeGrad - MiddleLongitude) / ToAngleW_E / ToDegree;

double realLen = lenSouth - (inLatitudeGrad - EndSouth) / ToLengthN_S;

outX = centerX - realLen * cos (realAng);

outZ = centerZ + realLen * sin (realAng);

}

hope it helped...

Hm ... Brothers, can we have an option to not show SAMs?

I was testing this for CAW and we typically have hidden short-ranged SAMs at target sites that shouldn't show up ...

Also, would it be possibel to show chaff, and pieces of destroyed aircraft? :)

Could you implement radar horizon? (I put in the formula before) and have the first numerb adjustable, so we can find a good value through experimentation? :)

A question: Is the radar range the radius, or diameter?

Thanks for all the great work Brothers31! This mod is completely changing organized squad warfare! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Brother31, i got your latest version of LOTATC( LockOn Tiny Air Traffic Control) V 0.95 - 15/06/2005 but i miss the *export.lua*. It is not in your installation. Could you add it to your website, or include it in your installation, or post it here in this forum please??

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Brother31, i got your latest version of LOTATC( LockOn Tiny Air Traffic Control) V 0.95 - 15/06/2005 but i miss the *export.lua*. It is not in your installation. Could you add it to your website, or include it in your installation, or post it here in this forum please??

Strange, anyone else have this pb? :confused:

BTW, i attach export.txt (rename it in export.lua)

>Hm ... Brothers, can we have an option to not show SAMs?

>I was testing this for CAW and we typically have hidden short-ranged SAMs >at target sites that shouldn't show up ...

what type of SAM do you want to remove ?

>Also, would it be possibel to show chaff, and pieces of destroyed aircraft?

yes, but NO :rolleyes: for now. Each chaff is a element so it's generate too networks traffic

>Could you implement radar horizon? (I put in the formula before) and have >the first numerb adjustable, so we can find a good value through >experimentation?

I already try but the result is not good. I thinks there something wrong ( in the formula or in the implementation). You give me a URL but the site is down :confused:

355th_Thomp, send you test version in a few seconds :tongue:

export.txt

Strange, anyone else have this pb? :confused:

BTW, i attach export.txt (rename it in export.lua)

>Hm ... Brothers, can we have an option to not show SAMs?

>I was testing this for CAW and we typically have hidden short-ranged SAMs >at target sites that shouldn't show up ...

what type of SAM do you want to remove ?

Stingers, avengers, strela, etc ... ie. anything without a radar. Or more specifically, the only sams that should show up should be sa-10, sa-11, sa-6, Patriot and hawk, if any ... but its best to have option to remove them all.

>Also, would it be possibel to show chaff, and pieces of destroyed aircraft?

yes, but NO :rolleyes: for now. Each chaff is a element so it's generate too networks traffic

>Could you implement radar horizon? (I put in the formula before) and have >the first numerb adjustable, so we can find a good value through >experimentation?

I already try but the result is not good. I thinks there something wrong ( in the formula or in the implementation). You give me a URL but the site is down :confused:

355th_Thomp, send you test version in a few seconds :tongue:

Try

http://www.atis.org/tg2k/_radar_line-of-sight_equation.html

The equation is different, but use the previous one anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, finally ,LOTATC almost in version 1.0....

News:

*Completly separate config for Blue And Red

*Redo all contacts detection algo.

-Add Awacs position , altitude and range ( one for bleu and one for Red)

-Add a map to server to position Awacs and see airports radars ranges

-Add posibility to show or not Ennemie radars positions.( you always see yours)

-Now, All radar type are use in LOTATC as a destroyable radar.

-Add LOS for all Radars ( and yes GGTharos, Patriot as only 120° detection :-))))))))))) with 6 meters elevation for sam radar and 60 meters for airport radar.

-Use of elevation map for radar detection. Now if you fly behind a mountain, radar don't see you.

Please note, that it's very difficult to hide you from a Awacs... but it's possible ;-)

BTW this feature is not precise, because the elevation map of ED is very bad. For example,

in LockOn, Simferopol is at 120M, in reality ( and in my data) it's 220M. I do my best to adapt

algo, but it's definitively not perfect ;-)

Do do that, i have two solutions :

1- show more contacts that a real radar/awacs can see ( use a tolerance of 300 Meters for example)

or

2- show less contacts that a real radar/awacs can see ( use a tolerance of 50 Meters for example)

of course, i choses the second way :-)))) it's more funny.

*Add tag info. Press space add a small green rect at the cursor position. This can help you remember a special position. Tag

are valid until you exit LOTATC.

* Add some taxiway( kerch, simferopol, saki, Kiroskoye, Krasnodar)in ILS view only. Many thanks to 355th_Thomp for this job.

* Friend planes is show when they reach 1 KM/H ;-) ( usefull for taxiways). Except Awacs

with see target with 100 km/h minimum ( I don't know if it's real but it's my choses)

* Ennemies planes is show when their reach 100 KM/H ;-)

* correct somes displays pb

* Add the second runway of Saki ;-) ( thx 355th_Thomp )

* Correct somes runway position

* Add mision start time ( You must start mision BEFORE client connect to have correct time)

As usualy, available here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/emmanuel.cazaussus/

same as jabog32_zillion, to hot to think in french. Stop working now :-))))))))

Excellent work - there are some bugs, right now one I see is the vector display, it displays the wrong vector sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]