A-10C Video Training

Fahrenheit92

Hey Guys, I am currently working on a Video series which will guide new A-10C Pilots to all necessary Steps to be a successfull pilot. Beginning with the basic game setups such as joystick axis and so on. After this step there will be an explenation of the Flight Basics and at the End we will have Weapons and Combat Tactics. I wanted you Guys to write what you would like to see. All Videos can be found on youtube and for download (further details will follow). @Mods: I am not sure where to start this topic. If this is the wrong place, please move it ;) Fahrenheit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wanted you Guys to write what you would like to see.

1. Navigation systems. Waypoints. Changing flight plan during flight. ILS, TACAN. Read today something about different coordinate systems...

2. Emergency procedures: How to react, if for example right hydraulics failure occurs. (Do not know how realistic system failures are modeld).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

@ Hedgehog: Noted

Videos can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4E87EDE8F9AB6694.

I will post all updates here. First episode is going to be produced tommorow. Topic: General Settings

I look forward to any and all videos and appreciate it. I use them for the training needed and when I know I only have 5 or 10 minutes, I can take a video and refresh my soul. Thanks

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

I am looking forward to seeing what you produce. It would certainly be good if subjects were augmented alongside Headspaces and my own. It would be such a shame to have overlaps in specific areas, although IMHO, repeition is good. The fact that this is such a complex high fidelity sim leaves so many areas for instruction - take your pick.

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

First of all: thanks for the efforts!

2nd: I would be very interested in detailed tutorial about the various radio functionalities, starting from basic radio setup, requesting take off clearance, etc... to JTAC communications, and whatever else there is to know

Also interested in instrument only navigation. How do I set up my plane to correctly follow a course and how do I use the ILS, VOR, etc. So basically, how does navigation work if the GPS fails.

Maybe odd, but I'm really looking forward to non combat aspect of the simulator. I mean, at first we all want to fire our Mavs, striking with GBUs and LGB, strafing with the SuperCannon and what not. But this simulator is so dense, so detailed in every other sense that makes the combat part just a small fraction of what we can do with it. Don't get me wrong, I love pounding the snot out of the virtual enemy, but it's just secondary for me now.

Checked on his Webpage for Fahrenheit92 Says that he will try to get out video around Christmas

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Tyger:

I agree, your videos have helped me immensely so if would be more helpful now rather than later, in my humble opinion. Thanks again for you work.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

I see a lot of nice initiatives from the community like these tutorial vids.

Like Tyger already pointed out regarding overlap, it would be nice if you tutorial makers create your own thread or something where you can talk about the subjects of the videos and you can all make videos on different topics. The community can post wishes and the video makers can say: Allright, I'll do this vid on the countermeasure system.

Because even though we've only been flying A10 for just over month there a lot of vids already and a lot about the same topic too. For example JDAM and Maverick deployment is all over the place.

The endresult for the community would be so great : A library of tutorial vids that covers everything in the sim. There is some real good talent in the community so let their powers combine and create something unique.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

• 2 months later...