On the other side mission help

Hi all.

After progressing through all of the previous missions, I am totally stuck.

The mission "On the other side" has got me stumped. After reading the briefing and taking a mental note as to where the targets are, I trigger the SU's coming in and destroying the SA sites, where in the world does that line of BTR's come from. Not the 6 or 7 that are static in the briefing pics but there are a line of vehicles firing sam's. I continue to destroy everything in the area and my mission complete percentage stays at 50%. I don't know what I am doing wrong, and have done this now about 8-10 times. I need some guidance.:cry:

• 3 months later...

I got stuck here because a couple of MI-24s would come outa nowhere and gun me down. I cant rapidly aquire and shoot at an air target to save my life :(

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

i7-930 @ 3.8ghz, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600, EVGA GTX470, OCZ 60GB SSD, TrackIR 5 Pro, Win7 64

And a 46" LCD at 1920x1080 to enjoy the goodness :joystick: :pilotfly:

I just played (and failed) this mission and was unable to lock on a SAM which is about 7km away. It looked somewhat transparent, unlike the other stationary vehicles, on which I could get a lock and easily destroy.

So I ended up flying toward that SAM to destroy it with unguided rockets, but the remaining BTRs shot me down after a few minutes of flying around them.

I just played (and failed) this mission and was unable to lock on a SAM which is about 7km away. It looked somewhat transparent, unlike the other stationary vehicles, on which I could get a lock and easily destroy.

In many many situations (for example during an entire nighttime) you also cannot lock something. Do not let this prevent you form firing missiles. The procedure is ...

- Lase your target.

- Wait for weapons-free clearence (wait for "C" on the HUD) or switch to manual weapon-mode

- Fire

- >>>> During flight-time of the missile constantly manually adjust your cursor so that the cursor points on the target. <<<<<

- Wait for impact.

Thanks for the advice. I surely will use it. Next time I'm playing the mission is when I get my PS3 Eye camera and set it up with either FreeTrack or FaceTrackNoIR. :)

Also, I have a question: in the OP, you said you triggered the SU fixed wing aircraft to destroy the SAMs. Was it automatic when you reached a certain distance from the enemy targets, or did you do it manually?

And another question: when I tell my wingmen to attack a target, they leave the formation and go rambo on the target. How do I make them stay in formation and use missiles from their current position?

And another question: when I tell my wingmen to attack a target, they leave the formation and go rambo on the target. How do I make them stay in formation and use missiles from their current position?

Togehter with your AI you can fly an attack-run this way ...

- give the AI the order "wingman x, engage aircraft"

- now the AI is in the lead (which is for a variety of reasons not the best of all options http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44561&highlight=dumb ); then manually stick close to the AI, then manually go in the desired formation with the AI and then execute in close formation with the AI the attack-run against the enemy-aircraft.

Other than that, there is no way to order AIs against aircrafts with the AI in close formation, especially not with the ingame communication menue.

OK, thanks.

I would also like to get my other question answered, as it seems that the Su aircrafts have an important role in this game, but I don't know whether it's automatically done, or needs to be manually triggered by the player.

• 5 months later...

On this mission, it was the higher ground that had me stumped. Really struggled to climb to 3600m so eventually I jettisoned my rockets and got over some lower ground left of track. Fortunately I kept my distance from the SAMs and my wingmen dispatched the bandits easily.

Cool mission though.

You don't have to jettison anything really - just maintain your best climb (130 km/h) and start climbing early. If you slow down below that speed your ability to climb decreases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

OK, thanks.

I would also like to get my other question answered, as it seems that the Su aircrafts have an important role in this game, but I don't know whether it's automatically done, or needs to be manually triggered by the player.

The Su-27's automatically trigger once you're in Georgia. They take out Su-25's (this was in no patches) but you've got to take out the Mi-24's. Use your wingmen if you can't. take out heli's. And and for height you've got to gently climb all the way from Nalchik. Whatever you do don't hover and try to climb. 130 on the Skhval speed is optimal climbing speed.

EDIT: Ethereal beat me, the... :) :)

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 1 month later...

I cant believe I cant get past this mission. I send in my wingies to do most of the damage, and take out the bandits, then I move in, still cant beat it.

New thing I learned is the line of BTR's in the foreground fire, I never knew that, hence my current situation.

busted.jpg

ScreenShot_002.jpg

I love this mission! It took me a couple of tries the first time I played it. The mountains themselves are a bit of a challenge. I tend to start climbing from takeoff, in order to clear them.

Once I reach the IP, I usually hover low in that valley, then edge forward once the SEAD strike takes place. I tend to start with the line of BTR's on the left. I send no orders to my wingmen, who tend to take care of the bandits, which I tend not to be able to even see until they're hit.

The target area has a couple of lines of BTR's, which can cause some problems, but I think the biggest risk is that there are one or two guys with Iglas somewhere down there. I'd say that it's best to use your range advantage as much as you can.

To be honest, that's pretty much how I try to tackle any given mission.

The mountains do provide a good challenge, but I get past them with ease.

This issue I face is the vehicles circled in red are not on the briefing screen.

The ones in blue are, so my question is where do the red circled ones come from?

Are they to be engaged?

detail.jpg

Had another go, I guess I got a little closer to mission completion, but still managed to get shot down.

I lost 2 wingmen after roughly 10 minutes, and I myself was winchester 5 minutes after that. I had most all the vehicle finished off untill I made a gun run and was downed.

I did get a little further after your suggestion.:book:

• 6 months later...

I just tried this mission and was quite disappointed. The Su-25's weren't shot down by the friendly fighters who themselves were shot down.... The Su-25s then dove on my wingmen and shot them down and the hinds finished us off.

We didn't stand a chance to get clearance from our holding point. It's such a long flight I didn't feel like giving it another go. The rest of the campaign has been awesome though. grrr.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We didn't stand a chance to get clearance from our holding point. It's such a long flight I didn't feel like giving it another go. The rest of the campaign has been awesome though. grrr.

On my fist playthrough of the Deployment Campaign, I got so frustrated with this mission that I finally edited it to put us right in front of the waypoint before the action starts.

In my second playthrough it went a lot better, although I think it still took me two or three attempts.

I think you should give it another try (or two... or three...) or simply edit the mission so you don't have to endure the long climb. Although I have to say that finishing it "the right way" does feel very rewarding. :-)

The SU-25's are consistently shooting down my fighter cover. My wingmen have proven useless in Air to Air and in one attempt that the SU-25s were actually shot down my wingman crashed into a hill whilst in formation and then my other wingmen were shot down my sams chasing the hinds.

Yep I seriously hate this mission.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals