X52 mapping zoom to a slider

Spent the last hour searching for this and can't find it. The * and / keys work well for zooming in and out, however I can't figure out how to map these keys to my joystick. In the option screen the slider on my throttle for the x52 is not recongnized, I can use the scroll wheel on the back side of the throttle but it's painfully slow zoom one level at a time. How do you setup zoom on these X51's to a slider. Using a trackIR also so trying to find the best setup for viewing the cockpit.

When I was using the X52 I tried the little thumb slider for Zoom. Problem is it is so sensitive that it would "flicker" the zoom constantly, a real pain.

How do you set this up I can't get the dcs A10 program to recongize either the slider or any of the rotary dials?

How do you set this up I can't get the dcs A10 program to recongize either the slider or any of the rotary dials?

Are you trying to change axis commands? See attached (Couldn't remember which Zoom axis command is which in the second pic, so try both options.

Nate

Scr_10-11-20_20-46-26.thumb.png.a69ab7e0b81c56c9f13da1b8d002e014.png

Scr_10-11-20_20-47-05.thumb.png.63290d102c9e8affee2053aaae7f4b23.png

• 2 months later...
When I was using the X52 I tried the little thumb slider for Zoom. Problem is it is so sensitive that it would "flicker" the zoom constantly, a real pain.

I did the same thing and it flickers up and down real bad. Tried it for some of the others too. Wonder if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity.

How did you guys get the mouse roller to work as the zoom? That would be handy. I couldn't get it to recognize the mouse wheel..

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!