DCS BS manual for mobile devices

Bucic

I'll try to upload it tomorrow.

Most mobile phones with pdf readers can't open the big extended dcs bs manual pdf file as it is so I've decided to split the manual into separate files. My pdf reader (in Samsung Monte) is not capable of rotating the pages for easier reading so I'll include landscape versions too.

UPDATE:

- don't download the 'red' versions

- 'rotated' updated

- file names changed for the new 'rotated'

- 'normal' - unchanged

TO DO:

- split the ABRIS chapter 50/50 in the 'normal' version

File names used:

0_I-II_cover_intro_p_1_4

0_III_XII_contents_p_5_14

1_3-12_hist_design_arm-15-48

4_5-12_heli_fundament_coaxial_p_49_74

6_6-106_cockpit_ctrls_p_75_180

7_7-65_ABRIS_p_181_245

7-65_7-116_ABRIS_p_246_296

8_8-20_info_display_p_297_316

9_9-20_flight_prep_p_317_336

10_10-52_flight_school_p_337_388

11_11-32_combat_empl_p_389_420

12_12-30_check_lists_p_421_534

13_13-36_limits_systems_p_451_486

14_14-32_radio_comms_p_487_518

15_15-11_supplements_p_519_534

File name description:

<pagenumberstart>_<pagenumberend>_<chaptertitle>_p_<pdfpagenumberstart>_<pdfpagenumberend>

The biggest file:

7-65_7-116_ABRIS_p_246_296 9.3 MB

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5q1dbdpqkugk (folders - navigate inside to see the files)

Only 'rotated' are named properly. Use the names above to name the rest of them. I won't do that unless I have to. If you rename the files, please upload them somewhere and post the links in this topic.

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

Now that is a brilliant idea. :thumbup: Another great use for my business iPhone particulalry given I am about to dive into DCS Blackshark and won't always have that giant 500 page/almost 1 inch thick spiral bound manual on-hand. Can't wait to download this. :)

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Do I need to sign up to Media fire to download this? I check the normal folder box of the 4 and then click on download this folder. When I do that a pop up comes up saying upgrade to media pro or cancel. I can't seem to download any of the 4 files? :huh:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Cool :) (daren't ask: but could you do the same for the a-10c manual? :) )

Of course. Just buy me a copy of DCS W and I'm on it! :P

Do I need to sign up to Media fire to download this? I check the normal folder box of the 4 and then click on download this folder. When I do that a pop up comes up saying upgrade to media pro or cancel. I can't seem to download any of the 4 files? :huh:

No. Just click on the folders to navigate to files. Then click on each file name to download it. No waiting, no registering. In fact I keep all kind of DCS related files there and the only thing I had to do was to register for a free account. But note that free mediafire account is not intended for file storage. Not intended but it works for me so far :)

Edited by Bucic
  • Like 1

Of course. Just buy me a copy of DCS W and I'm on it! :P

No. Just click on the folders to navigate to files. Then click on each file name to download it. No waiting, no registering. In fact I keep all kind of DCS related files there and the only thing I had to do was to register for a free account. But note that free mediafire account is not intended for file storage. Not intended but it works for me so far :)

Cheers for that. :) I was trying to download the whole folder foolishly. It was a late night, that's my excuse. I should have paid attention to your original clear instructions. :doh:

Unfortunately there has been some sort of a problem with exporting the rotated version. It exported without images and that's why I got suspiciously smaller file sizes for that version of the split manual. DOOH!

Unfortunately I used Adobe Acrobat X for every part of the process so the error may not be possible to solve without access to the source material only ED has access to. I'll check it out this evening again. If I won't be able to crack that one there will be no other way but to do some 'pretty asking' towards ED :) No high hopes on my side though. I tested the rotated version output yesterday using pages 1 to 4 and it came out OK... Weird.

So, ED, all I need is a version of the manual in a form that would normally be achieved by doing the following steps in Adobe Acrobat:

Pages - Rotate - 90 degrees clockwise.

So I kindly ask for the file on behalf of the DCS BS crowd armed with smartphones :)

>>>Others who have some different PDF editing software may give it a try too!<<<

Absolutely last resort would be to print it out to an external PDF using a virtual PDF printer like PDFcreator but it would imply loss of quality and bigger file sizes for sure. Not to mention some other problems that usually pop up along the way.

Edited by Bucic

Works like a dream for me on iPhone

Bucic,

Finally got around this morning of installing iBooks application on my iPhone and imported the first couple of standard PDF files to test. Worked an absolute treat. :thumbup:

It's easy and clear to read. I can jump to any section quickly without fuss. Now I don't need to worry about lugging the spiral bound manual around. That means I can't loose it and it will keep in better condition. Win win. :D

This is now at the top of my app list. I will download all the remaining PDF files and move to my iPhone. My spare time productivity levels just shot up. :book:

Thanks again Bucic for a simple yet brilliant tool.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a better awnser

For those with blackberry or Droid you can use this program without having to edit anything or compress files. I just plugged in my phone transfered my pdf files to my SD card and it was good to go.

It also has a trail ... to buy its only 15 dollars which is well worth it for me because I do alot of reading with pdfs. Has nice options for reading such as a "reading mode" where it automatically word wraps and make it easier to read while neatly keeping all content within one screen with out side to side scrolling. Give it a try.

http://www.cerience.com/products/reader