Flight Qualifications Campaign

Wow that was complicated.

I did a full new installation of DCS!! (Thank god I have 200Mbit connection here)

Then installed the campaign for the open beta: OpenBeta A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification 91,06MB

Installed that into the default folder .../dcsbeta/mods/campaign

But i still couldn't see the campaign in DCS. :mad:

There was only the stock campaign "Georgian Hammer" visible. Looked for the G.Hammer campaign in windows- found the folder - think, think, think--> installed into that folder--> still no success :mad: :mad: :helpsmilie:

So I searched for the Georgian Hammer campaign again, just to find out, that there are two different campaign folders in my installation: one in an English Version, one in a German version. :cry:

:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns vs.

:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\DE\Campaigns

Ok, no problem :smartass:---> third installation into that (DE) folder and finally success. The campaign appears in DCS. What a pain in the ... :music_whistling:

Would be great if you updated the installation routine, so that the correct folder would be found automatically. :thumbup:

Edited by Quantenpresbyterianer

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was complicated.

I did a full new installation of DCS!! (Thank god I have 200Mbit connection here)

Then installed the campaign for the open beta: OpenBeta A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification 91,06MB

Installed that into the default folder .../dcsbeta/mods/campaign

But i still couldn't see the campaign in DCS. :mad:

There was only the stock campaign "Georgian Hammer" visible. Looked for the G.Hammer campaign in windows- found the folder - think, think, think--> installed into that folder--> still no success :mad: :mad: :helpsmilie:

So I searched for the Georgian Hammer campaign again, just to find out, that there are two different campaign folders in my installation: one in an English Version, one in a German version. :cry:

:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns vs.

:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\DE\Campaigns

Ok, no problem :smartass:---> third installation into that (DE) folder and finally success. The campaign appears in DCS. What a pain in the ... :music_whistling:

Would be great if you updated the installation routine, so that the correct folder would be found automatically. :thumbup:

That depends on what you consider the correct path.

It's an English campaign so it does install into the correct path if you don't change the installer path. The default installer path is this:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Your path appears to be for the German (DE) version. If we released a German version then we would install into the correct German (DE) path. Likewise a Russian version would default into the Russian (RU) path, etc and the same for every other language directory.

However as you noticed, you can change the install path to whatever path you desire when the installer runs, you just need to know which path your version of the game is using.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

That depends on what you consider the correct path.

It's an English campaign so it does install into the correct path if you don't change the installer path. The default installer path is this:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Missions\EN\Campaigns

Your path appears to be for the German (DE) version. If we released a German version then we would install into the correct German (DE) path. Likewise a Russian version would default into the Russian (RU) path, etc and the same for every other language directory.

However as you noticed, you can change the install path to whatever path you desire when the installer runs, you just need to know which path your version of the game is using.

The problem is not English campain or DE campain, but the localisation of the OS makes DCS start in EN, DE, FR or else when it's available.

And when it start with anything else than EN, we can't find the campain in EN.

I think it's a problem of DCS (we should be able to browse through directory in the campain directory) but it would be great to add something (at least a warning) in the installer.

Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok I'll see if there is a way for the installer to detect the localization.

Thanks man.

I really think the problem is how ED manage localisation but thank you if you find a workaround !

Now I need to pass the last mission to be certified for basic combat :pilotfly:

Expect some feedback for tactical training pretty soon ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is BFT01 broken in 1.5? I did the start-up and the "tour" around the airport following the Humvee. When we got back he stopped but I didn't get the voice telling me to perform the shutdown procedure. Did I do something wrong or is the mission bugged?

Hop, I did it !

I think I will make a 1 week pause before next campaign :)

That was fun ! But hard ! But Fun !

How did you tackle the unguided bombs mission? I found that a single Mk82 isn't enough for the groups of three vehicles, so I end up going for pairs on Target 1 and 3, cannons on Target 2 and CBUs and cannons on target 4.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but...

How do you install user made missions into DCS? I tried copying the five files (total from the 3 campaigns) into DCS World>mods>aircraft>A10C>Missions>EN>Campaign. When I do this, the campaign does not show under A-10C campaigns or user campaigns.

Thanks.

How do you install user made missions into DCS? I tried copying the five files (total from the 3 campaigns) into DCS World>mods>aircraft>A10C>Missions>EN>Campaign. When I do this, the campaign does not show under A-10C campaigns or user campaigns.

Thanks.

Do you play with another language than english ?

If there is another folder under DCS World>mods>aircraft>A10C>Missions> (I've got FR... but depends on where you're from)

Put the missions/campaigns in the right folder and voila !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good job!

We wanted the complexity and difficulty to increase as the player got more experienced and with the final mission you pretty well have to use everything you learned.

Congrats.

Thanks.

Optical maverick by night is not the choice I would have made but it was a nice mission.

The Tank on target 2 is really hard to see :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How did you tackle the unguided bombs mission? I found that a single Mk82 isn't enough for the groups of three vehicles, so I end up going for pairs on Target 1 and 3, cannons on Target 2 and CBUs and cannons on target 4.

GUNS GUNS GUNS...

Mission briefing allow that ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks.

The .miz files are actually installers that need to be run. Once you register your SUID we issue mission keys and instructions on how to run the installer.

AFT09 has you plinking the tank (second target) with an IAM: shouldn't laser guided bombs be used for tank plinking? IAMs are pretty precise, but the (relatively) small warhead of the one loaded means you must achieve a direct hit on the tank, and whether this happens or not seems entirely independent from the pilot's ability.

Multiple passes at wings level, 1G, same speed, same altitude, same direction, yield different results: after all in the briefing itself the bomb is stated having a 33ft precision (if I remeber correctly), which is more than enough to miss a direct hit on a tank.

Or am I supposed to release them in pairs? It would feel like a misuse of the IAMs, since you could achieve the same effect with a single (and I suppose less expensive) GBU. Wouldn't the IAMs be employed more effectively on the soft command post (first target)?

It's not a problem in itself on the mission, since there aren't any actual constraints on the method used to destroy the targets.

AFT09 has you plinking the tank (second target) with an IAM: shouldn't laser guided bombs be used for tank plinking? IAMs are pretty precise, but the (relatively) small warhead of the one loaded means you must achieve a direct hit on the tank, and whether this happens or not seems entirely independent from the pilot's ability.

Multiple passes at wings level, 1G, same speed, same altitude, same direction, yield different results: after all in the briefing itself the bomb is stated having a 33ft precision (if I remeber correctly), which is more than enough to miss a direct hit on a tank.

Or am I supposed to release them in pairs? It would feel like a misuse of the IAMs, since you could achieve the same effect with a single (and I suppose less expensive) GBU. Wouldn't the IAMs be employed more effectively on the soft command post (first target)?

It's not a problem in itself on the mission, since there aren't any actual constraints on the method used to destroy the targets.

Yes the you can pass the mission by killing all the targets and not follow the FE instructions exactly.

However, it is possible to "plink" tanks with the IAM/JDAM and you can kill it with only one JDAM so it leaves more weapons available for the other targets.

From our briefing text: "Remember that JDAMs always target the SPI. A technique for all JDAM deliveries is to enter the target coordinates in a steerpoint and set that as SPI. Ensure the SPI is set as the current steerpoint. Note that it could take up to 1.5 seconds to release the weapon as the CICU has to send the SPI coordinates to the JDAM and verify they are the same before releasing the weapon.

Hold the pickle button down until the weapon is released or you risk a hung store."

Once you have the TGP locked on the tank target, set a Mark Point and then switch the Steer Point dial to MISSION or MARK and make sure your Mark Point is the current steerpoint.

Fly towards the target and release the JDAM when within the Manual Release cues. It should guide directly to the point you had marked (on top of the tank if you had the tank marked correctly). Then switch the Steer Point dial back to Flight Plan and continue the mission.

We purposely put the flight plan steerpoint off the target so you would miss if you used that and didn't follow the JDAM procedure correctly.

Try it and I bet you will be able to "plink" a tank with a single JDAM but only if the coordinates for the JDAM are accurately on the tank target.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

i'm observing a very strange bug. i have set my zoom speed to 600 via view.lua, somehow when i starting TAC14 1.5 version my zoom speed is always back to default (slow)! it happens only in TAC14, all other missions and TTs are working fine with zoom speed 600 (in-cockpit zoom speed)

please advice.

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

Yes the you can pass the mission by killing all the targets and not follow the FE instructions exactly.

However, it is possible to "plink" tanks with the IAM/JDAM and you can kill it with only one JDAM so it leaves more weapons available for the other targets.

From our briefing text: "Remember that JDAMs always target the SPI. A technique for all JDAM deliveries is to enter the target coordinates in a steerpoint and set that as SPI. Ensure the SPI is set as the current steerpoint. Note that it could take up to 1.5 seconds to release the weapon as the CICU has to send the SPI coordinates to the JDAM and verify they are the same before releasing the weapon.

Hold the pickle button down until the weapon is released or you risk a hung store."

Once you have the TGP locked on the tank target, set a Mark Point and then switch the Steer Point dial to MISSION or MARK and make sure your Mark Point is the current steerpoint.

Fly towards the target and release the JDAM when within the Manual Release cues. It should guide directly to the point you had marked (on top of the tank if you had the tank marked correctly). Then switch the Steer Point dial back to Flight Plan and continue the mission.

We purposely put the flight plan steerpoint off the target so you would miss if you used that and didn't follow the JDAM procedure correctly.

Try it and I bet you will be able to "plink" a tank with a single JDAM but only if the coordinates for the JDAM are accurately on the tank target.

I never use the STPT directly as SPI, normally my sequnce is the following:

- TAD as SOI

- cretate a markpoint on the STPT

- MARK mode

- hook the markpoint

- designate the markpoint as SPI

- slave all to SPI

- TGP as SOI

- track the target (point track)

- designate the target as SPI

- TAD as SOI

- unhook the markpoint

- FLTPLN mode

This should set the tank as the IAMs target, shouldn't it?

i'm observing a very strange bug. i have set my zoom speed to 600 via view.lua, somehow when i starting TAC14 1.5 version my zoom speed is always back to default (slow)! it happens only in TAC14, all other missions and TTs are working fine with zoom speed 600 (in-cockpit zoom speed)

please advice.

Thanks for reporting that!

Looks like some extra files got into the mission file. I'll remove those and post an updated package.

EDIT: OpenBeta 1.5 Part A for the TTQ Campaign has been updated with the extra files removed. Please retest and report if further issues are found. Thanks.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

I never use the STPT directly as SPI, normally my sequnce is the following:

- TAD as SOI

- cretate a markpoint on the STPT

- MARK mode

- hook the markpoint

- designate the markpoint as SPI

- slave all to SPI

- TGP as SOI

- track the target (point track)

- designate the target as SPI

- TAD as SOI

- unhook the markpoint

- FLTPLN mode

This should set the tank as the IAMs target, shouldn't it?

You want the mark point to be set on the target tank coordinates not on the STPT. If you make the mark point on the STPT then it's not pointing directly at the target. When it sends the coordinates to the JDAM it's best to use the actual target mark point coordinates (at least that's what we found in our testing).

You want the mark point to be set on the target tank coordinates not on the STPT. If you make the mark point on the STPT then it's not pointing directly at the target. When it sends the coordinates to the JDAM it's best to use the actual target mark point coordinates (at least that's what we found in our testing).
I thought that by using the TGP as SPI the actual coordinates would automatically be fed into the INS/GPS guidance. I'll try and manually enter the coordinates in a new markpoint and see if I get direct hits.

It's not like I'm missing by more than a three or four meters, but that's enough to require a second pass to finish the tank. I suspect a lot has to do with the very basic implementation the engine does of shrapnel.

You'd think a mk82 landing two meters of a T72s track would at least disable and seriously injure the crew, but in the sim it seems they're still good. :D

I thought that by using the TGP as SPI the actual coordinates would automatically be fed into the INS/GPS guidance. I'll try and manually enter the coordinates in a new markpoint and see if I get direct hits.

It's not like I'm missing by more than a three or four meters, but that's enough to require a second pass to finish the tank. I suspect a lot has to do with the very basic implementation the engine does of shrapnel.

You'd think a mk82 landing two meters of a T72s track would at least disable and seriously injure the crew, but in the sim it seems they're still good. :D

I agree. The weapons effects could still use some work.

Here is a video I just uploaded showing my JDAM attempt (ignore the target ingress - it's not pretty as I was rushing) :smilewink:

[ame=

]
[/ame]