Zoom View with X-52 solved :D

I have not tested this extensively but I saw a tip over at simhq to players with saitek X-52 or X-52 PRO that also have TrackIR! If you have the joystick “slider1” mapped to the cockpit “Zoom View” function you should consider changing that to the “TRACKIR Z” in axes commands! This completely solved the “shaking” in zoom :thumbsup:! Try it out folks. And the zoom works when leaning forward to the screen :yes: nice. I changed this setting in DCS A-10C Warthog and Flaming Cliffs 2 also but changing this in DCS BlackShark did not work very well.

(HJ)

What I did is this:

I split the slider into 3 segments:

first 10% are bound as '*' to zoom in

last 10% are bound as '/' to zoom out

This way I can use the slider to zoom around without shaking. However, it's not as direct as I initially wanted it to be, but I got used to it quite quickly.

You could also (if you have no TrakIR) set up one rotary control as directional axis, bind the keyboard commands for zoom +/- and decrease the sensibility. It should work.

It works that way also but the "shaking" is still there ;) Using TRACKIR Z the "shaking" is gone (at least I think so :) )

What I did is this:

I split the slider into 3 segments:

first 10% are bound as '*' to zoom in

last 10% are bound as '/' to zoom out

This way I can use the slider to zoom around without shaking. However, it's not as direct as I initially wanted it to be, but I got used to it quite quickly.

That's a good idea also, have not seen that config before. I will try that if I'm not satisfied with using the TRACKIR Z ;)