f15 is complicated

LO's aicraft hard to study... and moreover with SFM :megalol: You made me day, long time I haven't heard anything like that :)

Prepare for real sim, not a'la something. Get Black Shark and A-10 and study its manuals for about 550-700 pages each :D

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

LO's aicraft hard to study... and moreover with SFM :megalol: You made me day, long time I haven't heard anything like that :)

Prepare for real sim, not a'la something. Get Black Shark and A-10 and study its manuals for about 550-700 pages each :D

I don't have that hard of a time with the shark all though I do just stick to the basics

bigdog - the best advice i can give learning anything new when it comes any sim is to start slow and not jump into combat right away. it will discourage you and ruin the fun our hobby is supposed to deliver. as you say yourself, stick to the basics first. Navigation, Radar, firing, Countermeasure.

Work in bite size pieces my friend. make a mission with no bandits and navigate waypoints from sochi to krasnodar to krymsk. Learn the navigation modes.

then learn your radar and how to interpret. make a mission and practise on friendlies. You tube is our friend with all this stuff. the reason you practise on friendlies or unarmed bogeys in Mission editor is that it gives you a non threatening format to learn in. You can't learn anything if you are forever hititng the silk and going through take offs.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

what is ts

Team Speak, many of the guys flying on the servers are using TS to verbally communicate and coordinate. In fact when I was on the FC2 servers and on TS, the guys on TS were always cursing the feckers NOT on it...including me.

Your odds of getting smoked go way down when you get on TS.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

be advised though - on many FC2 TS servers they will also curse the fella trying to learn a plane in a MP combat environment. RTFM could be a common reply. make sure you understand the basics before interupting their combat comms with "How do I fire a missile?"

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

There are many instructional videos online, the one on this site are very good. You can find some in You tube as well.

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Also FC2 website has many videos

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1852&scr=default

tUjCmXtN4PM&feature

P.S.

The F-15 is one of the easiest, of not the easiest to use. That is one of the reason most people use it online.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

and don't try to learn & practice this plane- or any other- using the in game crutches like easy radar, unlimited anything. I would caution against labels too. Although I realize that there are a few circumstances where labels can be useful- it is too easy to get dependent on them- and they WILL stunt your ability to learn proper instrument & visual skills. If you have ANY aspirations of flying online ever- you must get comfortable using "ace" settings.

The section of the A10 manual covering the CDU is longer than the entire F15 section..

I don't mess with online cause I'm not really into full sim mode.I have flight mode turned on and avionics off.I'm goona look into youtube for some help,I watched the training videos but it still was pretty complicated for me.I'm very new to pc gaming and there are so many controls to remember and I'm not so great with a keyboard either.I did the training missions with air to air weapons with no trouble really but the mission where you have to take out an awacs I keep getting blasted out of the air.I continuosly release chaffs but they don't seem to have an affect

and don't try to learn & practice this plane- or any other- using the in game crutches like easy radar, unlimited anything. I would caution against labels too. Although I realize that there are a few circumstances where labels can be useful- it is too easy to get dependent on them- and they WILL stunt your ability to learn proper instrument & visual skills. If you have ANY aspirations of flying online ever- you must get comfortable using "ace" settings.

The section of the A10 manual covering the CDU is longer than the entire F15 section..

There isn't no easy radar in the missons in lofc2 but labels are on.I modded them so they aren't as easy to see.I've been trying to learn the tws to help find targets but as soon as they launch at me its over.

well- you have a looong way to go if you don't have a stick. Sorry- but I think you are in for a lot of frustration. Flight simulation requires some semblance of dedication and some investment.. I mean- you do what you want- but many flight sim people aren't going to invest a lot of effort helping. Not picking on you- just a fact.

What are you talking about it is easier to kill other airplanes with the eagle; I get killed a lot in the flanker because you really need to work hard to kill someone; it forces you to be take more risks; but the eagle instead makes things easier. Also you can attack two targets at the same time; you can't do that in lock-on su-27

BigDog...dude, you *must* get a joystick/flight stick/HOTAS to be taken seriously. ;) Start with even a $20 stick, but get SOMETHING.

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

well- you have a looong way to go if you don't have a stick. Sorry- but I think you are in for a lot of frustration. Flight simulation requires some semblance of dedication and some investment.. I mean- you do what you want- but many flight sim people aren't going to invest a lot of effort helping. Not picking on you- just a fact.

I have a stick but I'm trying to learn the avioncs 1st and then go into the flying.

be advised though - on many FC2 TS servers they will also curse the fella trying to learn a plane in a MP combat environment. RTFM could be a common reply. make sure you understand the basics before interupting their combat comms with "How do I fire a missile?"

Yes. If you want to learn- joining a TS channel is a good idea, but first ask if there's someone willing to help you out- don't just start barking questions.. (especially how to start engines, and why your missiles won't fire- just gunz..)

A willing pilot and you can switch off to a different channel and maybe a different flying server and have at it..

If I try learning how to fly in non combat enviroment I won't remember anything when in a combat situation

baby steps. and repitition.

Not true. That's your rambo gene kicking in. It's a common thing for the entire spectrum of gaming. Flight simulation is different. Gotta think, study, learn, and be patient.

I think that HaWX game is for people who want to memorize 4-10 controls and think they PWn JOO..

This is a process. And TBH- LOMAC 2.0 is a very medium level simulation- at BEST. Only a small portion of the avionics are represented at all.

Look- you know where I came from prior to LOMAC? Novalogic F22 raptor and L3.

L3 was an absolutely INTENSE multiplayer experience w/ 8v8 wars and tournaments. There were flying skills and tactics to learn- but no real knowledge. If I can make the transition from THAT to LOMAC to DCS-- anyone can. I never owned any Falcon or Flanker product. I served in the USN- but nothing to do with aircraft directly, so I don't have much in the way of real world experience either.

Edited by S77th-konkussion
  • Like 1

That is the most wrong thing I've ever heard.

Do you think the USAF has their pilots shooting missiles before they can fly the plane?

Learn to fly, and I mean LEARN TO FLY YOUR AIRCRAFT first, then worry about avionics other than your speed/altitude/aoa gauges. Once you are confident in handling the aircraft, fighting becomes easier.

Besides, you aren't learning any avionics whatsoever with easy avionics on.

If I try learning how to fly in non combat enviroment I won't remember anything when in a combat situation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I tried it and it didn't seem that difficult to fly,had a couple of stalls but got out them and what does it mean when I hear minimum speed.I took out some migs without much of a problem.I think I need to learn the radar and counter measure system better.I can navigate and shoot without a problem