Operation Cherkessk - Multiplayer (coop 8) & single player mission.

EDIT: Couple of bugs squashed.. new versions uploaded: 8th Jan 16:00 BST

Okay... i present you a monster of a mission(s)... i've ploughed a lot of time into this.

4 Versions are included: 2 multiplayer coop 8 versions (full & lite) & 2 single player versions (full & lite)

A 100 odd triggers manage this mission, only god knowns how many conditions. It has been thoroughly tested in a multiplayer environment and has been specifically designed as a muliplayer coop mission, single player is just an after thought.

Mission features:

• One of 16 variations will be launched at mission start, this should provide a lot of 're-playability'. 4 possible missions, each with 4 tasks, with 4 possible threat environments, = 16 variations.

• I have included the full version, a lite version with a somewhat reduced threat environment and two single player versions, full & lite. The single player versions are the exact same, except you have 2 wing men to help.

• You can use the single player versions in multiplayer.. lead plane will have 2 wingmen.

• All tasks given via messages, triggered when needed.

• You must complete one task before moving onto the next, you will be told when a task has been completed.

• 3 AFAC flights providing FAC & JTAC

• Dynamic weather

• Ramp start.

Follow orders and have fun!

missionyk.jpg

Enjoy :pilotfly:

P.S. Expect a 1 - 2 second pause / lag at mission start as the mission does its thing. Performance has been very smooth when in mission.

seams to be a problem with the predators , i think i seen one flying below water level lol

didnt take a screen grab of it. maybe needs looked into.

apart from that mission runs very well.

seams to be a problem with the predators , i think i seen one flying below water level lol

didnt take a screen grab of it. maybe needs looked into.

apart from that mission runs very well.

Yeah i've noticed this. They are just on the map as some fluff and add some Jtac / Afac chatter. They are set to do an orbit, circular. But for some reason after 'some' time they end up several thousand feet underground. I assume this is some beta bug and have not really looked into it. What i do know is that they start off ok.. orbit for some time and then.. turn into subterranean submarines. ;)

I had intended for them to fly higher, as they are set at approx. 7000' presently.. i'll do that when i tweak this mission as i plan to when i get time, (add some new taskings etc) and see if that helps. But i suspect this to be a bug.

Edited by MadTommy
  • Like 1

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Great MP mission. Flew this last night, hosted and was smooth but my only problem was with all comms: No response even though all channels set properly. I know I was doing something wrong but couldn't figure it out at the time. No response from ATC, JTAC, AWACS, ect. And I did get tasking msg from JTAC.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

No awacs on the mission. The AFAC/ JTAC are not assigned to any particular targets, so it depends what they see and what spwans near them.

Some times they give me targets, sometimes not.

If you got a tasking from AFAC but they would not respond that would indicate your radios was set right so it may just be the WIP nature of the AFAC / JTAC in the beta. But i'm just guessing.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Just flew this MT. Really nice mission. Very busy. A lot of directing the 2 and 3 guys around. Lots of threats. Evaded a couple of SA6 launches and thought I evaded an SA10 but apparently too close to the blast radius and it took out a couple of systems including my Chaff dispenser.

Had already input the coords.. picked up as soon as i slew TGP to SPI i believe the tasking was a comms tower. Put a GBU38 directly at the base between its support legs.. smoke but still standing.. lots of AAA...Second 38 was a hung store so I Pickled off a GBU12 and that thing landed way left.. So I was assuming the tower should have been toppled not still standing. .so I figured I'd use the GAU-8 (Just CM rounds) but after I pulsed off a 2 to 3 bursts all that AAA downed me.

Is that tower supposed to come down or was the smoking tower sufficient to mark it as a kill. In the debriefing the GBU registered a kill on a building but the impact crater of it was at the center of the tower. Anyway.. nice mission. Really liked the unpredictability of it( I could have looked in the ME for the possible threat locations, but decided not to )

I can really see how this one would appeal to be flown as a multi. Also, it ran perfectly.. without a hitch.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Cool glad you had a blast. That tower generally comes down pretty easily. But i have at times had to use 2 bombs, but normally one will do it. I've never failed to destroy it and get the confirmation that the tower was down.

If you had looked at the editor it would not have helped much... as the area is littered with threats.. but you simply don't know which will / have spawned. Each time you run the mission the threat environment will most likely be different!

Yeah it was designed as a MP mission.. its a lot of fun neutralising the threats as a pack...and then doing the tasks.

Thanks for the feedback.

+1 Very nice mission MadTommy

Has somebody engaged the SA6/SA11 successfully? And if so, with which tactics?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

+1 Very nice mission MadTommy

Has somebody engaged the SA6/SA11 successfully? And if so, with which tactics?

Cheers mate..

Yes.. tactics.... 3 or 4 of us in multiplayer, engaging it .. forcing it to expend it's missiles.

As mentioned.. this is primarily a MP mission... it may not be so well balanced in SP.

Never managed to get close to the SA-10 S-300PS... not that you should be able to in an a-10 :)

EDIT: I'm working on a Version 2.0 with new taskings and general tweaks.

So if anyone has ideas, requests or more feedback i'd love to hear it.

Edited by MadTommy

I know as hard it is to crack a S300 Site ;). I have provided myself in creating a SEAD test mission for DCS:BS.

(Tornado IDS SEAD-Strike test against SA-10 SA-11SA-15 SA-19 sites)

I do'nt know whether the mission still runs. It was created with BS vanilla.

But I'v never attacked up to now a BUK or S-300 site with a A-10C. I must try it probably with my squadron today :). :pilotfly:

I'm curious about version 2 :thumbup:

EDIT: I give you our feedback after our training today.

SEAD_Test_Tornado_SA-11.thumb.gif.52b9d349e12923a38922b05bbe9c0263.gif

SEAD Test Tornado SA-11- SA-15 SA-10.miz

Edited by Anastasiuss

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

360th TFW Falconeers

last video ->

ASUS P6X58D Premium, Intel Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD 5850, Win7 64 Bit. X52, Track IR 4, Momo Racing.

ArmA1+2+3, DCS: World, K-50, A-10C, CA, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8FC1+2+3, FalconAF, FC1+FC2, IL2'46, rFactor.

Cheers lads.. version 2.0 will defiantly have moving targets.. in fact I have already developed some such tasks. There should be a better mix of static bombing & CAS in 2.0.

The main aim is to expand the variety of tasks and the way you receive your tasking. Task will no longer get repeated in different scenarios as they do presently.(each task gets used twice).. each mission will have totally unique taskings. (16 in total). Also In 2.0 you won't simply be able to input a lat/long to find your task.. i'm gonna make some of the tasks rely on some search & destroy skills..

Edited by MadTommy

I flew this mission today, and was wondering (since I didn't see it) if you could put in 2 separate JTACs for multiple flights. Having TARS could really make this interesting with the channel switching.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I flew this mission today, and was wondering (since I didn't see it) if you could put in 2 separate JTACs for multiple flights. Having TARS could really make this interesting with the channel switching.

Already done, kind of!

As its important to try and not out clutter the mission in order keep the mission smooth and playable with regards to fps for the majority, i've tried to only spawn 'things' that are actually going to interact with the flight. There are 3 Jtac in the present version.. these become active when the lead plane (Tusk 1-1) flies into certain areas. But they can be all active at the same time, so you could have 3 active.

In version 2.0 I have tweaked the AFAC/Jtacs quite a lot.. firstly to keep them in the air for longer, (they were going subterranean for some weird reason) so you have greater chance of working with multiple Jtacs. I have also added some new Jtacs associated with new taskings. i believe there are 5 in total so far.. and i'll likely add more.

I just flew my latest WIP version.. and i had two AFAC/Jtacs jibbering to me at the same time, on two different radios.

Whatever happens in the final version.. i'll make sure you have plenty of Jtac action.. BUT in multiplayer only the server host can communicate with the Jtac :( So your suggestion wont work i'm afraid.

EDIT: Of course the host can forward tasking via the datalink to the rest of the flight.. (that is what we do)

Edited by MadTommy

When I flew this today, we didn't hear anything on the radio (258 UHF). I was running the server, however, both my wingman and I could see the text automatically. I'm not sure if either of us were in Tusk 1-1, only because I renamed a few of them to coincide with the pilot's name for the skins I've painted (each pilot has their own jet in the squadron). Whether one of us were or not, I don't believe either of us (I know I didn't) called JTAC, it happened more like a trigger, which may be better since only the host can call, to have it setup for when the aircraft passes a certain point (setup for all aircraft incase they split apart)... which brings me to another question. Let's say 2 people are on a server. The first one departs and follows the waypoints. 10 minutes later, aircraft 2 departs (came on late). Is there a way to have it set up where JTAC gives a different target to aircraft 1 and 2 since they are not flying together, or should they tune in to one of the other jtacs to get a tasking? I hope I've explained my question properly.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

When I flew this today, we didn't hear anything on the radio (258 UHF). I was running the server, however, both my wingman and I could see the text automatically. I'm not sure if either of us were in Tusk 1-1, only because I renamed a few of them to coincide with the pilot's name for the skins I've painted (each pilot has their own jet in the squadron). Whether one of us were or not, I don't believe either of us (I know I didn't) called JTAC, it happened more like a trigger, which may be better since only the host can call, to have it setup for when the aircraft passes a certain point (setup for all aircraft incase they split apart)... which brings me to another question. Let's say 2 people are on a server. The first one departs and follows the waypoints. 10 minutes later, aircraft 2 departs (came on late). Is there a way to have it set up where JTAC gives a different target to aircraft 1 and 2 since they are not flying together, or should they tune in to one of the other jtacs to get a tasking? I hope I've explained my question properly.

I'm a little confused by this.

It sounds to me that you might be getting mixed up between the mission tasks that are written by me and actioned by triggers and the AFAC/JTAC.

In each scenario there are 4 tasks, run in a linear fashion. One must be completed before you receive the next. These are scripted and received by text only. I have not recorded radio messages, (too much effort tbh, and epoch would just take the piss anyway) ;)

The AFAC will 'talk' to you via the radios, and you can ask for targets from them (JTAC). These targets however are NOT part of the 'mission'. The AFAC is just spotting threats, you can ignore them or attack them as you see fit, they have no relevance to the actual 'task' you have been asked to perform.

I hope this makes sense, if i have misunderstood your issue, apologies, maybe you could try explaining again.

Edited by MadTommy
typos

For some reason 2 days ago this mission was working great. As of yesterday the mission just stopped working, I un-pause the mission and my DCS just freezes. Any fixes?

Nothing has changed to the mission... you could try downloading it again, in case yours got corrupted some how. But there is nothing i can help or do to help. Missions works fine here and for many others. Good luck.

With a wingmen, i flew this mission yesterday again. There are several open points now ;)

- Is it possible to have a worse weather till the end of the mission?

- Night-Version of the Mission

- Is there a failure indicatior

- When will version 2.0 released?

All in all, the more i fly this mission, the more i like the way its made! :beer:

Glad you are enjoying it.

I'm was planning to wait for beta5 to release 2.0. (its well on its way, with all new taskings). If beta5 is not out in the next week i'll release 2.0

Bad weather & night version no problem.. i have versions of those already, i'll post them up later. The bad weather one was tough, at least for me!

Failure indicator? I don't your comments. i have no failures in the missions, any failures you are getting are not generated from the mission. If you asking for failures to be added, i could do this, but there seem to be enough failures without these anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: I'm working on a Version 2.0 with new taskings and general tweaks.

So if anyone has ideas, requests or more feedback i'd love to hear it.

You could put tasking in a 3 minute loop which will continue until someone in the flight responds (i.e.RADIO ITEM ADD) to the tasking e.g 'Callsign COPY THAT, WILL ASSIST' or something.

With regard to multiplayer crashes, I have found that quite often the JTAC/FAC is the problem which is why I removed him from Op Talisker. Also activating too many units on a trigger causes momentary Lag. I also had an issue with an AI F-15e dropping guided munitions crashing the game for some reason, so he went out of the mission too.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I think I'm missing something here, but when flying with a few other people, we use the UHF 258 channel to get targets, but there is also 255 and 251. I've tried (as host and client) to be on the other freqs, but never get anything from the AFAC... Maybe Beta 2 will be different, or maybe I will be. Otherwise, we really love flying this mission because of the randomness.