MK-82 AIR invalid fuze and RIP QTYs possible Bugs

Weaponz248

Ok not sure if this is has been posted before or not so here is goes

The MK-82 AIR should be able to be dropped in N/T and N. However when you select N you get a invalid fusing message on the HUD no matter what mode CCIP or CCRP. You are able to still pickle a bomb off and the chute does not deploy which is correct but you get no aiming method from the HUD. Ok so after so digging it would seem that the 82 is in a tail only fuze config. So therefore we cannot drop the 82 AIR as a LD bomb. So really not a bug then, It is correct. So the real question then would be any chance of getting this changed so we can utilize the AIR's full potential?

Also just want to point out that all bombs in the game have the visual model of a nose fuze with the exception of the GBU-12/10s and the CBUS of course.

Alright disregard the RIP qty thing for some reason i wasn't thinking right on that.

Thanks for all the help in advance

Jason

Edited by Weaponz248

• ED Team

First set MK82AIR in DSMS INV to FIXED LO and set NOSE fuze. Then select MK82AIR Manual (MAN) profile and select NOSE in the prof and save as a new profile with unique name. You can now release the MK82AIR with a nose fuze setting (low drag) when that new profile is active.

First set MK82AIR in DSMS INV to FIXED LO and set NOSE fuze. Then select MK82AIR Manual (MAN) profile and select NOSE in the prof and save as a new profile with unique name. You can now release the MK82AIR with a nose fuze setting (low drag) when that new profile is active.

Thanks Wags!!!

Quick question when i do that the selected station turns read and has a p next to it. Is this normal or did i do it wrong?

dcs2011-02-0620-29-49-23.jpg

Manual page 268:

OSB 8. CONFIG. Some bombs like the Mk-82AIR and BDU-50HD have the option for both high-drag and low-drag delivery. These settings allow different fuze configurations to be used depending on the selected CONFIG option (FIXED HI, FIXED LO, etc.). For high drag mode, FIXED HI should be used; and for low drag mode, FIXED LO should be used. Possible CONFIG options include:

o LDGP

o FLB

o FIXED HI

o FIXED LO

o PLT OPT

o PLT OPT1

o PLT OPT2

Given that individual fuze effects are not modeled, this setting serves no actual function in this simulation.

I'm not sure I understand why there isn't a config which will allow any fuse setting, rather than having to choose 'Fixed Low' AND 'Nose', or 'Fixed High' AND 'N/T' or 'Tail'?

Rock on Wags, Thanks so much I have a hell of a time getting accurate and properly configing the damn things.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for digging this one up but there seemsto be a problem with "PLT OPT". If I set the CONFIG of my MK82AIR stations to "PLT OPT" in the INV page that would actually mean that I can control the weapons with my DSMS profiles.

After that I create to profiles for these stations:

- one for high drag delivery (FUSE to N/T or TAIL)

- one for low drag delivery (FUSE to NOSE)

The "traditional way" (shown in the video above) works fine though. I would just like to be more flexable using the PLT OPT. Is that not working or am I doing something wrong?

82AIRs are a bit problematic in 1.1.1.1 and seem to always deploy the ballute. Can't replicate in the current build so hopefully will be fixed in a future patch.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry for digging this one up but there seemsto be a problem with "PLT OPT". If I set the CONFIG of my MK82AIR stations to "PLT OPT" in the INV page that would actually mean that I can control the weapons with my DSMS profiles.

After that I create to profiles for these stations:

- one for high drag delivery (FUSE to N/T or TAIL)

- one for low drag delivery (FUSE to NOSE)

The "traditional way" (shown in the video above) works fine though. I would just like to be more flexable using the PLT OPT. Is that not working or am I doing something wrong?

What do you mean by more flexable?

Ghanja, While I couldn't set up multiple profiles. The best way is to go PLT OPT and then in the profile page chose Nose for low drag and N/T or Tail for high drag. Be sure you set up the bombs with the correct fuzes. The bombs in DCS have the appearance to be a M904 in the nose and FMU-139 Tail. So PLT OPT 1 or PLT OPT 2 would work best. IN both cases a NOSE only selection will get you a low drag. N/T or T will get you a High drag.

Just did a quick test (once again) and all I can say is that unless you set it to use CONFIG LO the ballute is always deployed. I tried PLT OPT, OPT1 and OPT2 together with some fuse combos - no change. The damn balloon keeps popping out ... :-/

I won't be around my regular PC during the weekend but perhaps you could record a track regarding a slick deployment outside of the CONFIG LO setting ... :-)

Ghanja Yeah sorry man I was trying to see if I could help you out but short of re inventorying your bombs from a Fixed HI to a Fixed LO. There is nothing we can do.

BlueRidge Any status of a fix? I am not a coding or developer so I have no clue how hard or easy this would be. However with a PLT OPT the sim just needs to check for NOSE or Tail as far as the chute deployment goes. I know easier said than done.

Ghanja Yeah sorry man I was trying to see if I could help you out but short of re inventorying your bombs from a Fixed HI to a Fixed LO. There is nothing we can do.

BlueRidge Any status of a fix? I am not a coding or developer so I have no clue how hard or easy this would be. However with a PLT OPT the sim just needs to check for NOSE or Tail as far as the chute deployment goes. I know easier said than done.

:detective:

Sorry, detective, I have no knowledge of that. :D

But seriously, no I couldn't give an ETA on a fix. I can only confirm that it's on the list of known issues.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Theres something wrong with one of default payloads F8 (anti-infantry) - F3 ( m151*42, mk82*6, 82air*6). If i reload it and then switch 82 air to LO drag\nose, after select my new apo profile (or default, changed to nose), for some reason i get rocket CCIP reticle, instead of bomb CCIP BPIL. Meanwhile, if load similar payload in editor and do the same things, everything works just fine. Any suggestions? Ver 1.1.1.1

apo.trk

No need to knock yourselves out, guys. This one is a known issue.
The question is - will this ever be fixed? I had contacted the ED-support about this issue a few weeks ago and I was told that there was no solution for this problem and that I should ask my question in the forum. I was going to send them a track but never got around to that.