F-35, anyone?

RodBorza

i know this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find it by doing a search.

ED said that the next on the series will be an american fixed wing aircraft.

Many want the F-16, the F-15E and many more want the F/A-18.

But I was thinking..what about the F-35? Would ED go all "MicroProse" on us and release something on the 35, as MP did with the F-19?

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I doubt there would be enough non-classified stuff on the F-35 to make a functional sim. If ED simulated it we'd probably only be able to takeoff and land. Actually, I bet even the takeoff performance of the F-35 is classified! :P

Bottom line, there probably isn't enough info to do an F-35 sim. And it seems like ED's stance is to not simulate something if they can't simulate it nearly 100%. :thumbup:

--NoJoe

[EDIT] There's always that AT-802U. :D

Edited by NoJoe
  • Like 2

[EDIT] There's always that AT-802U. :D

Which would make an EPIC sim.:pilotfly::joystick:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I understand that there are many things classified on the F-35, but I brought it up because since ED makes sims for the training, maybe, just maybe, they would be working on a F-35 sim and would release it commercially.

But, since many things are top secret, maybe will have a F-18 in our hands.

About the AT-802U: that's the REAL low-flying, slow speed close air support. For a (ir)regular combatant on the ground, that is a nasty airplane to go against. Surely, would be EPIC. LOL.

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog

I couldn't imagine carrier traps with a DCS sim set at max realism....awesome if I could pull it off, but doubt I ever could :P

Apologies for going off the track of the F-35 (though, considering the plans for the F-35C, maybe not that off-topic).

I think the attraction of more than just 'combat' as a major pillar of the DCS series would suggest that carrier operations are a possibility. ED have developed a full fidelity cockpit simulator with land-based aircraft designed for air-to-ground combat solely. Let's be presumptuous and knowing that the next module will be a USAF/USMC/USN fixed-wing, and they'd want to make best use of the pre-made A2G aspect, and (hopefully) add the A2A aspect; it could be the F-16C/D given that there's 1200+ of them around the USA and that's a lot of pilots to train due to natural wastage , or an F/A-18E/F, given there's ~400 of them in USN service with another ~120 ordered, again needing much in the way of pilot training both new and replenishment. In my (amateur and uninformed) opinion that gives those two much more chance of a DTS contract with TFC than, say, an F-15, -22 or AV-8B.

When you consider an aircraft such as the F/A-18 it seems like to not add carrier operations would be wrong... and we saw in Lock On that ED have the basics of carrier operations down, so while ambitious I definately think they have the skill level to pull it off in a DCS-level sim environment.

And, let's face it... it'd add a whole new world of pain to the learning curve to do cat take-offs and arrested ldg's - one i'd probably fail hard at but would love every minute of failing. :D

• Like 1

Plus to save time on building the aircraft carrier, I'm sure Javier Hernadez's Awesome nimitz class carrier could be transferred over

10-PORT.jpg

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 104

F-14B BuNo 161442

VF-103

LTJG J. “Shades” Gray

http://www.statelyfe.com

Win-10 x64

EVGA 2070 FTW

Thermaltake 850w

Intel I7-8700K at 3.7 Ghz