Joystick profile still working in Final?

Mik75

Hi!

Is it true that a profile (for X 52) and the corresponding key commands for Beta 4 won't work properly in the final version?

I just got used to a specific profile, posted here by a user, so I would like to have the very same assignments in the final too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

I use Jack Bauers X 52 profile, and I really got used to it.

I still have Beta 4 and if this profile shouldn't work in the final release, I had no idea how to get all the keys assigned manually. I mean, there are tons of key commands, what would be the best method to assign the keys just like they are right now in this profile in Beta 4?

Edited by Mik75

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

OK, I have a TM Warthog, so slightly different, but: I use a TARGET profile with it. It includes keyboard based commands as well as DirectX buttons. I still use the same profile AND I just copied the controller's lua file (the one with the name followed by the long unique hardware ID) and it all works exactly as advertised. No instabilities encountered here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

OK, I have a TM Warthog, so slightly different, but: I use a TARGET profile with it. It includes keyboard based commands as well as DirectX buttons. I still use the same profile AND I just copied the controller's lua file (the one with the name followed by the long unique hardware ID) and it all works exactly as advertised. No instabilities encountered here.

So you think I should give it a try?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

I use an X-52 and had it profiled externally with Saiteks profile editor. I've more or less had the same profile ever since Beta1 with no issue. Going from Beta4 to Final a couple of bindings were not working in the sim. Auto pilot, dispensor and ECM. The key binding menu in options was recognising them being manipulated, just not in sim. All I did was rebind the exact same binds in the Saitek profiler (Not changing anything, just reentereing) and it worked again. No big deal to fix if it crops up with you.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

Thanks a lot!

I installed the final release version and I loaded the profile in to the sim without any problems!!!

Very good.

And after a few tests, I have to say: outstanding work! Better look, better performance, better feel! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Greets,

Michael

lol! :lol:

Ok, so, I´ll try to be very brave and go for it!!!

I've updated Jacks profile for final its in this forum prolly 2 or 3 pages in. Lots have changed since beta 4 in the options.lua so Id go ahead and use this. Only took me about 5 minutes to put all the same button presses in.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67761

Edited by aceflier