LOMAC - Problem with pitch controls

@JSF: I also had the same problem. The pitch will not self-center itself :( On the other hand the roll axis is absolutely fine. I had searched this forum ago but didn't find anything. Now I use a cheap joystick.

@EtherealN: Thanks for the explanation. I was also assuming the same. The constant G-load thing.

Edited by mig29

@JSF: I also had the same problem. The pitch will not self-center itself :( On the other hand the roll axis is absolutely fine. I had searched this forum ago but didn't find anything. Now I use a cheap joystick.

@EtherealN: Thanks for the explanation. I was also assuming the same. The constant G-load thing.

and now it works fine with the joystick???

|| नभ स्पर्शं दीप्तम् || - Touch the sky with glory

As someone that flew lo-mac 1.0 - fc 1.0 entirely with a keyboard, I know exactly what the problem is.

From what I remember lo-mac 1.0 did not have this feature and yes it is a feature. It was with the first or second patch (cant remember) of lo-mac that they changed the pitch controls. They changed the keyboard pitch controls so that it behaved essentially like a trimmer. Press down 2 times and you will need to press up 2 times to go back into the neutral position. When this first happened I, like you, got very frustrated with the controls. But with a couple of hours of practice, I got used to it. Trust me, it is actually way better because it gives a lot more precision. Before, the elevators where either on the neutral position or at maximum deflection. When you flew, you looked like the LGBs in DCS:WH flopping up and down all the time.

If you don't have a joystick try getting used to it. Or you can revert back to LO-mac 1.0.

The keyboard behavior does not affect the joystick behavior at all.

Edited by titanium

I am the alpha and the omega

How can you be such a self proclaimed "sim fanatic" and not own a joystick?

Bite the bullet and go to your local tech store and drop the $30 on a joystick. What your complaining about would be like me complaining that I can't move properly while playing Call of Duty because I don't own a controller for my xbox.

Grab, not everyone in the world have tonnes of disposable income.

How can I be enthusiastic about jet fighters? I don't even have a jet! ;)

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

JSF- If you are "taking over" in a track or whatever than you DO have an auto pilot mode engaged. It's YOU- not the sim.

This "bug" is second only to the "I can't fire missiles- only guns" issue. "Porpoising"= fighting the auto pilot every single time. Try 'A" to toggle auto pilot on or off. If hitting "A" once does not cure it- then hit it once again- and try again. One of those 2 keypresses will stop the porpoising.

If it doesn't- than the only difference is that I am mistaken about the key command. Find it- and repeat.

Get a stick. Keyboard flying is a joke. Keyboard inputs have almost NO ability to make fine inputs to the game within any reasonable parameter. Quite frankly- many of us can't even take a keyboard pilot seriously- and wonder if the time & effort of offering assistance is worthwhile...

I can fly it with the keyboard and even landing (not the best landing) but it's possible, for ex: you have to pull the up key and when you reach the desire attitude pull faster down key till it stops to pitch. Basically that is the way... I try it with lomac FC1 FC2 and older versions too... It's just practice.

PS: for this game is higly necessary a joystick as they said. I use a joystick and I can tell you that you will love this sim!!!

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Udat, if i apply opposite pitch, the aircraft starts porpoising & becomes un-controllable... have been playing sims since quite sometime now & these basic things we take it as being a given.

i dont understand... how will a joystick help in this case?

Thanks like having an electric power windows in your car, short inputs on up - down make it stop where U want it.

But seriously, go get a joystick, it's waaaay more precise than arrow keys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks like having an electric power windows in your car, short inputs on up - down make it stop where U want it.

But seriously, go get a joystick, it's waaaay more precise than arrow keys!

thats exactly what I mean...

It couldn't be more clear :thumbup:

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I got this one, and works very well! :)