Need Cougar HOTAS Replacement Part

I moved recently, and the bubble wrap I put around my cougar stick somehow popped out the red S2 button when I unwrapped everything.

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was popped out until I had already thrown away all the bubble wrap and the box it was shipped in, so it's gone.

I tried going to http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/ and I looked at their replacement parts list (http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/warranty_parts.php) and the S2 button wasn't there.

So I contacted Thrustmaster technical support directly, and their reply was:

"We thank you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.Unfortunately we must inform you that the S2 button is no longer available in the spare part list.

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us."

So...now what?

I'm actually looking to resell it because I'm interested in getting the Warthog HOTAS, but I'm reluctant to sell it while it's missing a button.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement S2 button, or a solution to use something else in it's socket?

Or...if anyone here is willing to buy it off me I'll sell it at a reduced price due to the fact it's missing the button.

Any ideas/interested buyers?

I don't think it uses the same part.

HotasProduct800x600.jpg

HotasWarthog800x600.jpg

The warthog button is smaller.

Besides, I looked for 20 minutes for a replacement parts list for the Warthog or any kind of parts warranty at all and I didn't find anything.

Why does Thrustmaster make it so hard to get information for their products on THEIR website?

Your only option short of buying a cheap/non functional Cougar from Ebay for parts, is to have someone fabricate a replacement from a resin casting.

I would consider this a last ditch option, but starting a thread for the request cant hurt. There are a few very talented people here that may be able to help you out.

I have an old F22 stick that possibly has the button you need. I'll take it apart tomorrow and post a pic of it. If it works I'll ship out to you....for shipping cost only.

• Like 1

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Write Thrustmaster/Guillemot and ask. I've owned pretty much everything in their high-end flight controller range over the years, and I've had a few parts break on me. They've been rather good at sending spare parts, usually free of charge. They should be, considering what we pay for their products.

The one worry is that we had to buy new Cougar speed brake housings from Oz, rather than get them from TM. Perhaps their customer service is not what it once was - but you definitely should ask.

Best of luck,

/Fred

I don't think it uses the same part.

I compared the two and you're right. The cougar S2 is larger but I didn't take apart the handle. I would bet it would work because the casing on the warthog button is the same size of the cougar s2.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I moved recently, and the bubble wrap I put around my cougar stick somehow popped out the red S2 button when I unwrapped everything.

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was popped out until I had already thrown away all the bubble wrap and the box it was shipped in, so it's gone.

I tried going to http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/ and I looked at their replacement parts list (http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/warranty_parts.php) and the S2 button wasn't there.

So I contacted Thrustmaster technical support directly, and their reply was:

"We thank you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.Unfortunately we must inform you that the S2 button is no longer available in the spare part list.

If you have any other question, feel free to contact us."

So...now what?

I'm actually looking to resell it because I'm interested in getting the Warthog HOTAS, but I'm reluctant to sell it while it's missing a button.

Does anyone know where I could get a replacement S2 button, or a solution to use something else in it's socket?

Or...if anyone here is willing to buy it off me I'll sell it at a reduced price due to the fact it's missing the button.

Any ideas/interested buyers?

Halcyon,

I know it's been awhile since your post....but just checking to see if you are interested in selling your HOTAS devices.

Take care,

Ionman