CTD when overcast set to 10

Jester_159th

Sorry guys, I know someone posted about this a while back, but I can't find the thread. For those that didn't see this mentioned before, here are the symptoms I'm getting:

When I set up a mission with overcast clouds selected (eg cloud setting at 9 or 10), the mission will try to load (taking an excessively long time), but as soo as the load screen progress bar reaches 100%, FC will CTD.

It's definately not the missions themselves since if I set up the mission without overcast I have no problems, but if I quit the mission (which we now know is working) and set the overcast (or add overcast to an already existing mission), it will CTD all the time.

Anyone remember if there was a fix for this?

System specs:

P4 2.4gig CPU

ATI 9800 Pro (Omega 5.6 drivers)

1024MB PC2700 DDR RAM

AC 97 on board sound

Hi Mustang. Thanks for the response.

I've no idea what it's related to. When it CTD's it does so with no error message. I just tried it again, clearing all the events from the event viewer first. When I went back there was no new events recorded.

If I was getting CTD's in other applications as well I'd be thinking along the lines of a bad stick of RAM, but it's only with FC and only when overcast is set.

Is there anyway I can make FC log errors (like a debugging proceedure or something)? If not, the only other thing I can think of is trying a reinstallation.

Still unlocalized problem.

But you can try to turn off AA and AF in graphic card settings, and after that set the LOW graphics settings in LockOn. After that you can rise your LockOn graphics settings one by one, finally you'll find the critical setting or all they will be maximum. Sounds strange, but while it is only one way to minimize this problem.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

• 2 weeks later...