A-10C demo

hitman

Will my system be able to run it properly? Is it comparable to Black Shark in regard of performance?

Win XP SP3

Intel C2D E6800 with

2Gb DDR2 RAM

Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb

You could probably get it to run, but you might run into some issues with that amount of RAM. Also, I don't know if VRAM would be an issue for you with that setup.

Will my system be able to run it properly? Is it comparable to Black Shark in regard of performance?

Win XP SP3

Intel C2D E6800 with

2Gb DDR2 RAM

Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb

Yes it is comparable to Black Shark

But with win XP you might run into stability issues (give a look at the crash sub forum)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Since you know i would like to make this question also about if my system is strong enough to bare th a10 simulator

windows 7 64

6600 quad 2.4

4 Gb Memory DDR2

Ati radeon 4870 1Gb memory

It would be a pity to buy it and not able to run it wouldnt it?

I run the game on an Asus G50VT-X5 laptop.

Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.1 GHz

4 GB of RAM

Nividia 9800M GT 512MB

Windows 7 x64

The game is playable, which is important. Average about 22 FPS, I guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Antec DF-85 Case, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, air-cooled with Noctua NH-D14,

Corsair Vengeance 16GB, EVGA GTX 560 TI, Corsair Professional Series 750W, Creative Sound Blaster X-fi Titanium HD, ASUS EA-N66 Wireless Adapter

so unless i make an upgrade no a10 for me right?

I have a Q6600. Before I OC'ed it the game ran fine. You'll just have to lower settings. I do have a 5770 though which helped me a lot. I would say get A-10C. If you plan on getting the game after you upgrade why not now? Then you can see for yourself how it runs.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

well.... Upgrading is not inside my plans right now. And even i would, the best CPU i could buy (at least were i am ) is a 8400 at 2.66 which is not a very big diffrence i suppose. I could also choose buying duo at 3+ but i dont want to go to duos. Unfortunately my mobo takes LGA 775 which makes my choices fairly limited. So we would say that maybe an upgrade is not a solution. Maybe if i was to buy a new pc from the start. And all these because intel has the tendency of releasing new sockets so you wont be able to upgrade properly and be forced to buy a new pc but thats another story. The point is that since i am stuck with this pc i should probably stay away from a10 till i get a new pc....

Edited by Alucardos

And all these because intel has the tendency of releasing new sockets so you would be unable to upgrade properly and be forced to buy a new pc but thats another story.

Not another story - just not quite true. The issue has been that as they have moved to new architectures they have needed support for things that old sockets and chipsets just cannot support: for example, you cannot make a 775 system accept a CPU with integrated memory controller, let alone integrated PCIe controller or (as in Sandy Bridge) integrated GPU.

One can blame them of poor planning, but that's about it.

That said, if you are sitting with a 775 system I'd definitely recommend that you not even consider replacing the CPU. Replace mobo/ram/CPU in one go. This because the 775 platform is simply so old and of such a (excuse my french) crappy design relative to todays offerings (DDR2, no onboard memory controller, no onboard PCIe controller, and don't forget that the Q's are not actually quadcore chips, it's two dual-core chips in the same package, so no shared L3 cache) that spending money on it is a waste - especially considering that you can purchase new and better processors for less money than what a C2Q costs.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was going through the same problem you are having. I mean, I didn't want to spend $150 + to upgrade a new CPU on a crappy 775 board, but I did want to play A-10C. My alternative was to buy a cooler (That will work with socket 1155) that I could use now, and then for my new 2500K when I upgrade.

As you can see I'm running at 3.2+ Ghz and who cares if I burn this CPU out? It's pretty damn old and by the time it does die I'll be ready to upgrade anyway.

So, for $100 bucks (that I'll save later for my new CPU) I have a pretty damn fast CPU AND I get to play A-10C now. ;)

If you DO want to buy a cooler let me know and I'll walk you through OC'ing it up.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --