MS SW FFB2 trimming issue

I have a problem with the Stick above that hunts me since LOMAC 1.0 and has never been solved. I am using Throttle of X 45 and MS SW FFB2 in combination. I put the Pitch and Roll trim to the Trim wheels of the X45. It works all fine except when moving trimm wheel, the neutral Position of the Stick is moved too. This is quite annoying. Could someone give me a Hint how to avoid that. I played with the Settings in the Config/contactor file, but it did not solve the Problem for me.

Any suggestions? Help would be much apprechiated

S!

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

First of all I'm recomend you to use setting for config file which solves problems of MSFFB2 drivers:

CONFIG\contactor.cfg

TrimmerGain = 1.0;

ShakeGain = 0.1;

SwapForceAxes = 1;

Also, in LockOn for FFB joysticks is modelled the real trimming mechanism:

Trimming is moving the force-load neutral position, so if you'll clutch your stick and push a trimmer, than plane responce will not change, only force load on stick will change (you'll feel it by your hand).

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager

• ED Team

Just copying Han here... ;)

The moving of neutral position is the way in which flight stick works at a real plane. I can affirm in for all russian jets at least.

It can be called "trim effect" instead of classic trim, when small control surface is moving on the elevator.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

OK, Thank u very much for ur quick answers. So it is working obviously as it is meant to work, just did not know this way of Stick reaction when trimming from other flight sims ;-)

S!

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

First of all I'm recomend you to use setting for config file which solves problems of MSFFB2 drivers:

CONFIG\contactor.cfg

TrimmerGain = 1.0;

ShakeGain = 0.1;

SwapForceAxes = 1;

Also, in LockOn for FFB joysticks is modelled the real trimming mechanism:

Trimming is moving the force-load neutral position, so if you'll clutch your stick and push a trimmer, than plane responce will not change, only force load on stick will change (you'll feel it by your hand).

I agreed and i anderstand that. But when the trim is in neutral position, the stick must be center ... but the problem (little bug) is that the stick is NOT center in the neutral trimming position. test it for yourself.

On AFM planes? Yes, it is little moved forward, it is done becourse on Su-25 the lenght of stick way "neutral-forward" is sightly less than lenght of way "neutral-rear".

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager