how many cores will a10c use?

dooom

That's the exact reason I am just staying with my E8400 when I bought my two extra monitors and a new video card to run Eyefinity the other day. Upgrading to 4 cores for the purpose of seeing performance in this game doesn't really make good sense to me.

However, I do plan on overclocking mine a little to about 3.6-3.8. If you unfamiliar, the E8400 and 8500 run off of 45nm technology and with a good aftermarket cooler, are OUTSTANDING at being overclocked a little. These chips even come from Intel with a multiplier built into them for the specific purpose of people overclocking them. My stock speed is a 3.0, and people often run them at 4.0+ just with an air cooling system. There is a reason these chips still go for $160+ on newegg and everywhere else. They are the best dual core chips that can be had and still have some life left in them as far as performance goes.

Whats your MB out of interesting, I've been using the E8400 Oc to 3.6 and not seen any reason too upgrade for about 4 years.

As long as folding@home doesn't pay my electricity bill, I wont be running any sort of a client!

It is a bit OT so perhaps we should move this discussion elsewhere if people are interested (like, starting an ED fanclub team? :) ), but the whole point of it is to donate. Most of the resources wattage-wise will be lost anyway when your computer sits there with spare cycles, so why not etcetera. That aside: turn off three lightbulbs in your house and you'll have countered the cost. But if that isn't an option, carry on. If I end up getting alzheimers (which is what my GPU has been working on lately) I'll know I did what I could to help sort out a cure. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was really decided to move to SB 2500K but after upgrading my GFX to a GTX560 and with my q6600 OCed to 3.2 GHz I am moving all maxed with an almost consistent 50 FPS. I will wait at least until z68 boards now.

/W

I was really decided to move to SB 2500K but after upgrading my GFX to a GTX560 and with my q6600 OCed to 3.2 GHz I am moving all maxed with an almost consistent 50 FPS. I will wait at least until z68 boards now.

/W

Just got a 26000k and A10 runs beautiful, the new SB's are great for games and everything

but wait on z68 so its both chip gpu and the cpu

Just to give you an update Dooom...

I'm still on my E8400. Good things to report since I got my 5870 in. I've got Eyefinity going on three screens at 1400 x 900 at around 50 fps in normal play. I haven't moved into the bigger cities you to really test but so far so good. There at the occasional little micro-stutters when panning with Track IR...but I think that is just an issue with DCS itself.

I did run a few tests last night...my 8400 was only running around 70-73% while flying. It did run at 100% during the loading screen but that was the only time I saw it. Upgrading a chip would probably help in that aspect I'm sure, and it may benefit a little in other areas too, but I was pretty happy with what I saw. I haven't seen a need to OC it yet either, so it's till running stock.

I also agree with waiting on the Z boards. If nothing else, it will drop the prices on the other boards a little anyway if you have no intent to OC. And it will be a later series with the new chipset, so one would probably see gains with the board designs also.