A picture Tale: "Dual Thrust" or "What I did in my Easter Holiday"

PeterP

me question is, isnt it less expensive to buy the A10 wartough from trustmaster then make this :D?

I was wondering that myself. Well done though...

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

No, it was much cheaper than buying a new TM-Warthog! - and I didn't have to pay myself for the work.

I use the throttle together with my old trusty cougar stick-base (with modded gimbals) and have almost (if not the same) functionality as with a TM-Warthog.

1 Four-way micro-switch,red push button and two three-way switches = 12€

the two small plastic-boxes = 4€

the audio-mixer for the housing = 12€ (everything from Conrad Electronics)

The Loudspeaker-holder did come in a pair for 19€.

----------

=47€

Everything else I had already at home in my toolbox/cellar.

The Throttle-quadrant did cost me 38€ and the cyborg-pad was about 39€ at a onlineshop if I remember correctly.

And search on Ebay for the price of a used HOTAS Cougar (it could have a broken thrust unit- you will not use it after you finished the dual-thrust) .

Edited by PeterP

• 4 months later...

Hello ,

here is a little update - how my set-up is developing further.

I'm right now adding FFB to my cougar ( and yes - there isn't much left of the cougar...:) ):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...03#post1302503

PICT0009.jpg

An I hope to make it in such a way that I'm able to change the grip to my likings - once the King-cobra is available...

smile.gif

Edited by PeterP

Is that adual joystick ? Or am i getting mad

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Basically it works the same as my Frankenstein-dual-throttle:

axis control for pitch and roll is mapped on the SidewinderFFB2 and all the buttons are mapped to the Cougar.

;) and sorry -cant answer this:

(...)am i getting mad

But I have a advise for you:

Go visit a doctor if you are not sure about your mental health...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Answer for some questions I got via PM:

Did the audio controller lend any electronics? or did you just use the case?
No- it severs only as casing. I cut it in the middle and made a lot of modifications with epoxy and plastic parts. Pretty much the same what I did with the housing for my KA-50 collective.

Did all the buttons come from the cougar throttle? or did you also get some more? if so, which ones did you have to get?

Pretty much, any info you could give me would help.

PIC-2.jpg

PICT00011543.jpg

More info about the scratch-building techniques I used and how I wired the cyborg board:

KA-50 collective: another picture-tale