Secret Helicopter???

Look at the photos of helicopter used in the mission that killed Bin Laden, that is not a black hawk.

helicopterobinladen.jpg

Any ideas?

Edited by mikel.132

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

They said that is a Black Hawk but it has nothing similar. The tail has nothing to do with the tail of the Black Hawk and the airframe is of carbon fiber or something like that because it was all burned.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

UFO? OBL was notorious beyond our galaxy. :megalol: :P

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on that. 79 guys assaulting in 4 helicopters, UH-60s they are not. Looks like some type of low observable rotor system like that of the RAH-66, any rotor heads recognize the type?

Speculative rendition:

mh-x3.jpg

http://cencio4.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/black-helo-down/

VRS is a Biatch.........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Remember when trying to fly the DCS: Black Shark at high altitudes? Same thing here, they were operating at high altitude, the number 4000 was mentioned, I suppose that has to be feet and not metres?

Edit: Quick google says Abbotabad is at 4000 feet.

The "stealth" improvements were probably focused on sound, since getting a helicopter radar stealthy is pretty hopeless if my understanding is correct?

Edited by Sticky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Remember when trying to fly the DCS: Black Shark at high altitudes? Same thing here, they were operating at high altitude, the number 4000 was mentioned, I suppose that has to be feet and not metres?

Edit: Quick google says Abbotabad is at 4000 feet.

The "stealth" improvements were probably focused on sound, since getting a helicopter radar stealthy is pretty hopeless if my understanding is correct?

You can get them stealthy. Basically if you can get a few more minutes before radar detection, by possible Air defence units at that Military centre, that gives you valuable time before someone warns the target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always thought the main rotor would give such a big signature on radar that making the rest more stealthy wouldnt make a difference.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I always thought the main rotor would give such a big signature on radar that making the rest more stealthy wouldnt make a difference.

With NOTE you don't really need to focus on the RCS, as the background should give plenty to help being undetected.

It looks like a prototype designed especially for this type of missions and did not go into production for security reasons. :dunno: ?

The plate on top of the rotor blades indicates their effort in making it fly quiet(er) to get close enough before alerting the guards in the compound, the Pakistanis, and most importantly Bin Laden.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

few years back, Hughes (I think) put out a commercial for a silent 500 that was hovering behind an oblivious guy reading a newspaper on his porch. Always like that.

Re the shape of the main rotor blades:

dBS1NRsYuF8&feature=player_embedded#at=18

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

who knows could be a UFO that killed him.. that picture ive seen already before in a prevus forum few years back. if is so secert why let someone take small picture of it and why is sit there in view of many people. some secert. ^ ^

Wow that really does make it quiet. I was always curious how they would make a radar stealth chopper as I also thought the rotor would create a huge radar signature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109