ssd usage

Just been to buy a new ssd .its a 64gb crucial m4. For best results and faster loading of dcs a 10c shall I reinstall Windows on it or keep it as dedicated dcs drive?

Cheers Cib

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No need to Reinstall windows, just have it for DCS.

I have two ssd s one for the os and one for games.

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Put DCS A-10 on it now and it is much improved. That said there is still 50+ Gb left to utilize. Maybe windows would fit too?

On my 60GB SSD, I have Win764, FC2 and DCS:BS. I have 20GB left. A-10C I have on a SATA drive. You will be ok to install Win7 and A-10C for sure. You will get better Windows performance for it. Of course it is PITA to do a fresh Win install.

I just got my new SSD working today(120 GB Vertex 3), currently it has W7 64, ArmA 2, DCS, and FC2 on it. They no longer take five minutes to load up, it is amazing.

Also make sure you disable the auto defragment option in your task scheduler. Defragging an SSD seriously curbs its operational lifespan.

Oh, also, you can leave Win 7 installed on your SSD, it doesn't really hurt loading times as the amount of bandwidth Windows uses is pretty negligible. Space wise however, I wouldn't install Windows on a 64 GB drive, it is just too big.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I just got my new SSD working today(120 GB Vertex 3), currently it has W7 64, ArmA 2, DCS, and FC2 on it. They no longer take five minutes to load up, it is amazing.

Also make sure you disable the auto defragment option in your task scheduler. Defragging an SSD seriously curbs its operational lifespan.

Oh, also, you can leave Win 7 installed on your SSD, it doesn't really hurt loading times as the amount of bandwidth Windows uses is pretty negligible. Space wise however, I wouldn't install Windows on a 64 GB drive, it is just too big.

Dont do that, bold/underlined, as windows 7/vista auto detects a ssd and will not auto defrag it, so leave it enabled so that your other normal mechanical drives get defragged instead.