Finally i get to enter the Land of LOMAC

Well kind of, I finally went out and bought my copy of lomac and of course i happen to get the one that has problems with the starforce...

So all i have to do now is wait for them to email me back or send me the new disk...

I called the number for the product return already so i should be getting one in the mail in about 5 days....

God ive already waited 5 days lol, as the person i bought one on Ebay from never sent it, nor did they even charge me for it. Thats why i figured i would go to Frys and get it the same day.

Oh well i was hoping that i would at least be able to play Lomac itself just not flaming cliffs, But i guess it looks for the CD on either one of them....

Well hopefully in a few days ill be online flying with all of you trying to learn the game. Looks like its going to be better to play then F16 AF which i currently fly now....

PooHead: "Tower request Immedite Landing"

Tower: "Poohead what is the nature of your problem"

PooHead: "Tower the RIVER RUNETH BROWN"

Tower: "Acknowdleged cleared Hot, will have Bucket of water and Stain remover on stand by"

U will definately not be disappointed. Its an all new sensation and a completely different generation of immersion from F4. But remember...U need a KICK ASS system...atleast like a ATI 9800 Pro, good processor and 1 gig RAM. or else...u will begin to hate lomac...just becos its very demanding.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

well i decided to try and play just Lomac not FC and the game starts just fine but when i get to the main screen my mouse will move around and i hear all the Chatter from the radio but if i click on any of the buttons nothin happens...

Like i tried to click on training so that i could go do some flying and nothing it just clicked and stayed there for ever....Finally had to hard reboot the computer just to get out of the game....

as for my specs i have an ATI 9600 256 ddr on card, AMD 2600+, and i have 1 GIG of DDR memory so i think i should be fairly close to specs...

i tried to do a search about mouse problems and all i got was will they make the cockpit clickable....Anyone out there no why i may have this problem or what i can do to fix it...

I really want to play Lomac even if its just 1.0 and not FC for now just cause i liked the Demo...

Oh and the Demo played just fine on my system

Tower: "Acknowdleged cleared Hot, will have Bucket of water and Stain remover on stand by"

yeh i got it to work...not sure what the problem was...i think my firewall was hanging it up or something....

Is there a way to make it so that my joystick is not so touchy...my Gawd in this game i move just a little bit and the nose it flying way up...

doesnt seem to be that touchy in F16AF

anyways know how i can fix this

so basically the reason u might me getting a pasue and nothing happening stuff when u click buttons in menu is due to firewall especially from ones like norton internet security. Disable them and it should work fine. about clickable cockpit...its not available in lomac. yeah! the jets fly like the REAL DEAL in lomac. u should try FC's su-25T...its marvellous. F4 lacks here...it feels as on rails...no real feeling of flight.

one suggestion :: over 1.0 lomac...install 1.02 patch from lo-mac.com. then play. 1.02 improved quite a efw issues in 1.0.

once u get FC lo:FC will feel like an entire new game.

one word though...the only regret with lomac is no DC like in F4:AF. however the missions and campaigns are still good and the community is making tons more. check out sites like lockonfiles.com for more missions and stuff.

if u need any tutorials go to http://www.flankertraining.com/ironhand there are good tutorials with voiceovers here.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Is there a way to make it so that my joystick is not so touchy...my Gawd in this game i move just a little bit and the nose it flying way up...

a). set response curves for your joystick in the controller section of the "Options" menu. You may also want to do this for rudder control, as it provides better(more calm) steering while taxiing on the ground.

b). note that when you enter a mission with the aircraft "in-flight", the flight control system uses a particular trim settting - you cancel out this trim setting by hitting CTRL+T.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

thanks Alfa, question on the curves what is smoother....a straight line or a lot of curve...I know nothing when it comes to those curves things for joysticks...

and WitchKing thank you for the advise....Yes i do like the DC in f4AF....

and i wasnt sure if there was a upgrade for lomac so im going to get it now...thanks again...

thanks Alfa, question on the curves what is smoother....a straight line or a lot of curve...I know nothing when it comes to those curves things for joysticks...

and WitchKing thank you for the advise....Yes i do like the DC in f4AF....

and i wasnt sure if there was a upgrade for lomac so im going to get it now...thanks again...

The curve is much smoother, but can be a pain - you have to pull a LONG way before the aircraft really starts turning.

The straight line is much more responsive, but of course twitchier.

thanks Brit, ive been able to get my stick so that it rolls smoothly....

Now if i can just make it so that when i pull up and want to stop at 10 Deg it will stay there lol....Now what it does is when i hit 10 Deg and let off it jumps back down so that my nose kind of does a hop....Is this realistic for a plane or could it just be my joystick sucks...

in my other flight sim game it seems to be better because it has a smooth transition as you pull up to say 30 Deg when you want to stop going farther up you just let go off stick and it evens out at where you want it, Not stop and then jump 10 Deg either way lol....

I think it has to do with how much of the dead space i have it set to...or the switch i think that is what its called....

who knows im going to get a new stick soon anyways...think im going for the x45 tho i still will have to figure out this axis thing either way

Depending on the aircraft, you may have to trim it - the F-15 dosn't need much trim, but all the other planes do.

You trim to fly straight at a specific speed. If you go over, the nose will typically want to climb. If you go under that speed, the nose will want to dip.

In teh Su-25, once you exceed a certain speed, the trim reverses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

thanks Brit, ive been able to get my stick so that it rolls smoothly....

Now if i can just make it so that when i pull up and want to stop at 10 Deg it will stay there lol....Now what it does is when i hit 10 Deg and let off it jumps back down so that my nose kind of does a hop....Is this realistic for a plane or could it just be my joystick sucks...

in my other flight sim game it seems to be better because it has a smooth transition as you pull up to say 30 Deg when you want to stop going farther up you just let go off stick and it evens out at where you want it, Not stop and then jump 10 Deg either way lol....

I think it has to do with how much of the dead space i have it set to...or the switch i think that is what its called....

who knows im going to get a new stick soon anyways...think im going for the x45 tho i still will have to figure out this axis thing either way

It's realistic.

Have these "other flight sims" been for the F16?

The F16 stick movement demands a pitch rate - that's the way the FBW system is programmed. As such, stick centred means no pitch rate, whatever the aircraft is doing.

The controls for earlier fighters, you move the stick and get a control surface movement proportional to that. Let the stick go, and the control surface returns to the neutral position - which usually means that the balance of lift changes and the aircraft does something different.

Here, stick centred does NOT necssarily mean that there will be no pitch rate.

You've just got to get used to that.

The more "curve" you apply, the smoother - you may also want to increase the dead zone a little :) .

...Now what it does is when i hit 10 Deg and let off it jumps back down so that my nose kind of does a hop

This is in the way these aircraft fly(I assume you are talking about a Sue or a MiG) - they are a little "nose heavy" :) . To obtain a balanced level flight, you need to use trim :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

qool thanks guys for all the help... As for the plane im talking about its the F15 not the Su.....But i can see why you would need trim....Just have never had to input something other then the joystick to have it fly level.....It will just take some getting use to....

Oh and just in case anyone else is wandering, If you decide to buy the Gold Editions and you happen to get a bad copy, with the starforce thing not working, Then you will have to wait for the Manufacture to send you a new disk....StarForce wont help you with this probelm anymore.....I just recieved an emial from them saying it is not starforces problem....So i guess i just got it a little to late lol...should have gotten it before they had taken the blame for the problem....

The whole system requirements thing is quite misleading with Lomac. Even the Ubi forum's FAQ makes some daft assertions.

I run an AMD 1700 XP, with a Radeon 9600SE and 768mb DDR - a very modest rig. At medium settings the game is absolutely fine, the only mod I use is the fast overcast fix, as the clouds were hurting my frames.

It's a great sim - you'll have hours of fun with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeh i have had no problems with performance either....Only time i see any performance issue is when i am zoomed all way in on the hud and i try to look around, it slews slow.....other then that nothing....

where did you get that fix at tho, always nice to have frame rate....as i think my normal frame rate is about 25, and is that fix for FC...im still waiting on my new FC disk...Sigh