JTAC Tasking

Speedbrake

I set up a mission with multiple JTAC tasking, i.e. multiple targets. When setting up the advanced data, the tasks are in numerical sequence order, 1-9. After flying the mission and going back into the ME I've noticed that all advanced tasks now ALL bear the sequesce number 1 and when flying it again, only the first task is accomplished then JTAC tells me "No further tasking" and releases me. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Nate,

I just uploaded the mission to the user files. The first time through all seems to go well. After that it seems JTAC only tasks you with the first target. As I said when going back into the ME all advanced waypoint data seems to have defaulted to "1".

I wans't sure which forum to use for this as I am not sure it is a bug or my ME programming.

Edited by Speedbrake

Nate, I just rechecked and without even flying the mission just opening it again in the ME appears to make all advanced tasks default to "1". When you look at the EDIT of each line.

You may have to change the suffix to .miz if it doesn't download correctly. I just reset the advanced tasks to 1-9 and saved the mission.

http://www.4shared.com/file/hR4IQOK9/SB_JTAC_Live_Range.html

Edited by Speedbrake

I think it is that Target Priority of enemy units the Jtac can currently see. Remember the "Engage Group" command is dependant on the JTAC having line of sight.

So if the JTAC has 10 groups with "Engage Group" and can only see 2 of them (say with priorities of 3 and 8 ) the JTAC will assign the lower priority Group First.

However I may be wrong.

EDIT:- I am wrong the manual says

"The PRIORITY number is used to set the action priority in relation to other actions of the

waypoint. The priority number represents the order this action will take relative to other

actions, starting with '0' as the highest priority. "

Nate

Nate, did you run through the mission a second time, that is when it appears that the JTAC will only offer up the first target, or it did for me, twice.

I'll mod the position of the JTAC and see if that solves what I was seeing. Is there a maximum or minimum distance associated with the ground JTAC?

I may be wrong with what I said about the number "1" defulting as I was looking at the advanced waypoint-edit sub side box number which I thought needed to be advanced with each command which is what I set but then upon reviewing each advanced waypoint command in "edit" it had reset back to "1"..

Edited by Speedbrake

Nate, did you run through the mission a second time, that is when it appears that the JTAC will only offer up the first target, or it did for me, twice.

I'll mod the position of the JTAC and see if that solves what I was seeing. Is there a maximum or minimum distance associated with the ground JTAC?

I Don't know, it just seemed to me that the JTAC was far too close to the initial targets, on my first run of the mission I actually took him out by mistake :)

I ran the mission several times successfully (after I moved the JTAC though).

Nate

Nate.................you hit the JTAC???? I haven't done that..it makes me feel much better about my skills! LOL! I trust you were using all sensors to targt???? Thanks for your help, I'll post if the problem went away after I move Warrior 1.

Oh one other comment, it may have happened because I told JTAC I only had 15 miutes of play time. Does the program actually look at that to make target assignment decisions? I may have used up my 15 minutes taking out the first target and repositioning???

Edited by Speedbrake

Nate.................you hit the JTAC???? I haven't done that..it makes me feel much better about my skills! LOL! I trust you were using all sensors to targt???? Thanks for your help, I'll post if the problem went away after I move Warrior 1.

Oh one other comment, it may have happened because I told JTAC I only had 15 miutes of play time. Does the program actually look at that to make target assignment decisions? I may have used up my 15 minutes taking out the first target and repositioning???

It is possible that time is a consideration, I don't know.

Nate

I moved my JTAC as Nate suggested but I also used 30 and 45 minutes and the problem (JTAC) dismissing me after the first attack has not reoccured. I'm beginning to think it must have been using only 5 minutes play time. Although with the old JTAC position, I did get a couple of aborts but that was also when JTAC told me it was Type 1 rather than the normal Type 2 attack.