Random Reboots

T-Bone

Hey guys,

I just installed the Cat 5.8s and I am now getting random reboots with them for some reason especially when I am looking at ground units or fire on the ground. Is there anything I am doing wrong? I turned off hardware acceleration in DXDiag in the sound tab by the way before someone makes any smartass comments.

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

Its always covenient to post your specs first, wouldnt you agree? :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Try turning off the Catalyst Driver AI and ATI Tray tools.

Can't guarentee that it'll help, but it sorted out some very nasty texture corruption problems I was having with 5.7's (and 5.6's after rolling the drivers back). According to Omega's FAQ section on his site, the driver AI is still a beta development and can cause some weird problems.

Although the cause of your random reboots is rather clear, you might want to uncheck this option: System > Advanced Tab > Startup & Recover Settings "Automatically Restart on system failure".

By default this option is switched on. So instead of getting a BSOD, your computer just reboots. Unfortunately you may miss some valuable information on what exactly has caused the reboot.

If the random reboot persists, it's usually not a software problem.

If the random reboot persists, it's usually not a software problem.

If you exclude "drivers" from "software" category, then yes, you are right ;).

@T-Bone: if the problems have appeared after installing a new version of Cat drivers, then try to reinstall old ones. If the problem disappears, then don't reinstall new's.

Sometimes lastest drivers are not the ideal ones for "old" cards, because they are intended for the lastest products. At least, this is how it works in nVidia world, although with ATI it could be different, though.

Cheers,

Asterix