asking those with Nvidia GTX460 video cards performance in A-10C

Ramstein

asking those with Nvidia GTX460 (PNY with 1 gb ddr5 ram with 256 bit) video cards performance in A-10C.

I have that, plus Win7, on MSI PN7 (750 SLI) only have one video card. I have 2 gb ddr2 ram (yes I know I should have more ram.) 3 ghz core2duo cpu.

A-10C loads extrmely slow. I tried running high settings, was a slide show. Ran on Medium, was a little faster, but unplayable when in medium action, targets, etc..

I am running everything on low. I don't ever use heat blur.

In Black Shark and FC2.0, and IL-2, and other sims I run everything (except heat blur) on al Max settings, with not problems..

Only in A-10C is everything hard on my old computer.

I tried running Oleg's COD (Cliffs of Dover).. but it was terrible over land... and my computer was jus tnot powerful enough for that.. but last time I tried that fligth sim was maybe 6 or more months ago.. I have not tried it since all thos epatches came out, and no longer have the sim.. no sense messing with it if it's unflyable.. I have been flying IL-2 Sturmovick for 10 years and can run it wide open no problems..

Thanx..

:joystick:

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

My GTX460 lets me play the game on medium to high almost without stutters and always around 40 fps. It might help if you post your complete system specs here.

Sinner, repent! :D

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

My GTX460 lets me play the game on medium to high almost without stutters and always around 40 fps. It might help if you post your complete system specs here.

I included the cpu, which was missing in first post...

so most is there,, no need for psu, and monitor info..

I used to put system specs in my sig, but most websites stopped alowing people to do that... and don't provide rooom.. unless you post it seperately..

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

well, I know the GTX480 is really good, is very much more expensive, and evwen the GTX 470 would have been $100 more..

it appears those with the gtx460 are either happy, or just haven't repsonded. I would think the 3 ghx cpu core2duo would have the hsorsepower for A-10C,b ut mine isn't delivering as much as I hoped, I am hoping, when I can get a couple more gb of ddr ram that wil help a bit.. but money is tight right now...

need to go from my 2 gb ddr to 4 or more... to see if that helps... but can't at this time..

what's ironic is a couple years ago when I built this computer, I found the really high quality HP ddr 2 ram (1 gb each stick) for only $3.00 usd each after rebate.. I wish I had bought a few more, but oh well...

now ddr2 is old, but can't build a new computer right now which wil have ddr3 ram..

:pilotfly:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Sinner, repent! :D

Mower is psychicly drawn to sim defamation!!:lol: :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A-10C , just thought i might add a photo of the performance I get with my gtx460 card (low settings).. but get some bad pauses,, probably from needing more ram... at least that...

fps is in the top left corner..

Screen_111122_123338.thumb.jpg.1d7799d7fd530dc1381c116789328c85.jpg

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

I have an superclocked 1GB GTX460 (look at my sig), and I run the game at near max settings @ 1080p. I do not use the highest AA settings, and I don't max out tree distance and civ traffic. I can't say much for missions full of AI (I'm still playing Black Shark mostly), but my frame rate average is about 35 and I rarely see it drop below 20.

CPU: 5950x || Memory: 64GB || GPU: RTX 4090

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5