VAC Friendly Radio Mod

Jib I just had another look at my directory structure and for me it is as written in the readme. Strange that it would be different for us. Did you purchase your copy through Steam? Retail box? Is it the ENG version?

Thanks.

I made your mod files into a modman package, but I couldn't figure out how to make modman clear the "\Player" sound files so I had to back them up manualy.

Also in the read me is says \player is in DCSInstallDir\\Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\DCS A-10C\

I dont have the DCS A-10C folder in \sounds\ENG

its just \Sounds\Speech\Sound\ENG\Player\...

I think it might be a typo.

Modman File:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=59856&stc=1&d=1323169872

Very good VAC Profile. I spent hours on mine but never got it to such a high standard, Thank you!

I would have used the getCallsign() method if I had known it existed! That's probably a better solution than mine, because the name doesn't match the callsign in every case (e.g. with my fix, Lochini appears after Sukhumi in the list, as it is actually sorting on the name "Tblisi", so it doesn't look like it's in A-Z order even though it is. If you see what I mean).

Looking forward to trying 1.1

Edited by TooBad51

Can I get some help from one of you guys (preferably someone that speaks better German than I do)? I just installed VAC from the website, however, on opening the program (either the VACBuilder or VACSystem) I get an error.

Die Komponente 'OneWayX.ocx' oder eine ihrer Abhängigkeiten ist nicht registriert: Eine Datei Fehlt oder ist ungültig.
From my understanding, the file OneWayX.ocx isn't registered or working. I'm not really quite sure why since I just installed the software. Any ideas? (Win7 64bit German edition)

Edit: I just switched to English (using Vistalizator) to see if it was because my windows was in German, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

Edit 2: Thought I would add, I figured out the issue. Stupid me I forgot to run as Admin. It works now. I'd delete my post, but incase anyone else has the issue, it's here.

Edited by hog_driver111th

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

vac-tastic

I have been using your profile with V 1.2 all afternoon and have not had any problems with it so far.I hate to think how many hours you must have put into this project but you have saved a lot of people a lot of time and hassle, and made this sim so much more enjoyable and I thank you, well done.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

• 3 months later...

I've been using this mod for a few months and it works very well. Only issue I've come across is that many of the allied flight calls are not being heard, although the subtitle appears on-screen.

Easiest way I find to reproduce is to create a fast mission and when you start flying the allied flights/choppers etc. start calling in 'Ford 2-1, enemy armor detect at bullseye 352, 15 miles. This text appears but the radio call doesn't. Funnily enough the call 'Ford 2-1 is rtb at 1200' works fine.

Removing the ModMan patch brings all the audible radio calls that disappeared back.

Formski

Edited by Formski
Speiing :)

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

• 3 weeks later...

>Modified "Other..." radio menu to be a sub-menu of "Main Menu > Ground Crew"

Where can I find this menu? I've been trying to play a campaign mission that requires me to call in multiple other assets and I cant find this menu :(

• 1 month later...

I used your Mod through Modman and after I decided to un-install from Modman and went back into the sim I had lost all comms with everyone (sp), there is no longer any comms menu that comes up when I hit the slash keyboard button for my comms? any ideas what happened? or how to fix this?

Thank You, this makes my next weekend!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Well done A.J.

If you only managed to remove the dynamic element to the commands, then that's a huge step forward for VAC users, cause it enables them to call the commands exactly as they see them on the screen. All the other stuff is a bonus.

Looking forward to trying it out when i get some time.

Cheers.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Can someone help a thicko

Hi all, I've installed VAC (as it sounds fab) and I've also downloaded AJ.eightFive mod v1.2. But what do I do now? How do I install the profile to VAC? What do I do with all the files in the download? Do I have to go into each of the folders and add them to that folder name in DCS A-10C?

Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Download search for modman and download it, install and then use that to install this. Modman will install it if you point it to the zip file this is distributed as.

Inside the zip is the VAC profile, its the only xml file there. From the vac builder you choose the import profile and point it to that xml file.

Hi guys, a question to those who know the profile better than myself.

I have just put VAC on after some time off and previously I was using fish's profile. I saw this as well and decided to give it a go.

All is good for talking to wingmen, which is really where vac shines for me in SP.

I am not sure about the correct procedure to talk to ATC. As an example I am flying towards batumi, 15 miles out, what would the correct conversation I would need to have to ask to land?

I am not sure if I need to manage myself through the menus , e.g. 'menu option 6' etc.

I am not running easy radios.

Thanks!

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I dropped off the face of the Earth! (No, I did not hitch a ride on the MSL Curiosity).

I still don't have a lot of time to dedicate to simming at the moment but I am going to try and get this mod working better in DCS:W. It seems the VAC profile seems to work well enough for wingman/flight commands for the time being but the changes to the radio menus has probably broken everything else.

Looking forward to use it in DCSWorld. As I understand you are working on A-10C (VAC) profile. Would you mind me working (under your supervision) on KA-50 profile? So that both satisfy certain level of quality. Then both could be released as combo.Let me add that I have copy of VAC (also World with both modules) installed on my computer. Have some experience with VAC, but not that much.