Help in over my head with HOTAS and A-10

fireworks

I recently picked up a fighterstick and pro throttle, and a copy of A-10. I've downloaded the A-10 profile from ch hanger and loaded it properly I think. Very few of the buttons seem to be mapped correctly in game. What did I do wrong?

I just don't understand the HOTAS stuff. I've read through the docs but I guess I'm still not getting it. I think my problem is that the docs are all reference. I need a focused 'curriculum' on how to config the HOTAS for A-10 in particular, and ultimately any sim.

I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm waiting on an account approval from simhq, as I noticed Ghost on there seems helpful, and I've been denied an account on CH Hangar because I use gmail. Apparently the admin is at war with Google. :dunno:

Anybody?

• ED Team

you will get plenty of help on here so dont worry, and take your time :)

this helped me a lot in the begining

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1316557&postcount=9

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80812

Big thing to remember

long means a long press

short means a short press

just double check your hotas assignments in your controls and add your modifiers

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Use that chart, by printing it out and having it with you as you fly.

HOWEVER< do the training flights over, and listen carefully to what the instructor says. As he is going through all the commands, and you do them over and over again, you will get the rhythm and acquainted with how the system works. I did not understand SOI until I sat down, and looked at it, then went, OHHHHhhhhhh that shit is simple....

Get yourself a post'm pad and write out your hotas and stick it to the monitor..:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: