Some airports not supported?

Topgun505

I made a mission based at Kutaisi and when I attempt to contact the ground crew to rearm or refuel I get no response. My radio is set to INT and the HM and INT push buttons are pushed in as required. I've had no problems contacting ground crew in other locations. Are some airports just not equipped with rearming capabilities in the game? If so, would putting FARP units like in KA-50 at least give you that capability?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

I've also noticed this in FC2* but have tried moving to different parking bays??

*I can contact them if I move.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I made a mission based at Kutaisi and when I attempt to contact the ground crew to rearm or refuel I get no response. My radio is set to INT and the HM and INT push buttons are pushed in as required. I've had no problems contacting ground crew in other locations. Are some airports just not equipped with rearming capabilities in the game? If so, would putting FARP units like in KA-50 at least give you that capability?

I believe you need a friendly unit at the airfield for ground crew to work but I could be wrong.

Underleft is right.

2 criteria must be met me thinks:

1. At least one friendly unit in the airbase to make it yours.

2. Need to be close enough to the tower. This only applies to big airports that have long runways, and if you find yourself at the end of the runway with the tower far away you might not get in touch with it.

Repairs will always happen, no matter where you are. I repaired at an enemy airport a bunch of times. Not that it helps... the second you spool up your engines, the ground units shoot you up right away lol.

As far as KA-50s go, its another problem. If the farp you are on has been attacked and some damage done, then you might possibly lose ground crew.

If you want a working ground crew you'll need the following -

Red:

1. CP SKP-11 command post, FARP command post for radio communications

2. GPU APA-50 or GPU APA-80 for electrical power

3. ATMZ-5, ATZ-10, Transport URAL-375 or FARP Fuel Depot for refueling

4. URAL-375 transport or FARP Ammo Dump for rearming

Blue:

1. M1025 HMMWV APC for radio communications

2. M818 transport for electrical power

3. M978 HEMTT tanker for refueling

4. M818 transport for rearming

HTH mate :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

If you want a working ground crew you'll need the following -

Red:

1. CP SKP-11 command post, FARP command post for radio communications

2. GPU APA-50 or GPU APA-80 for electrical power

3. ATMZ-5, ATZ-10, Transport URAL-375 or FARP Fuel Depot for refueling

4. URAL-375 transport or FARP Ammo Dump for rearming

Blue:

1. M1025 HMMWV APC for radio communications

2. M818 transport for electrical power

3. M978 HEMTT tanker for refueling

4. M818 transport for rearming

HTH mate :)

That's for a FARP. At an airfield anything friendly works.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Yeah that did it. I through a few fuel trucks and air defense on the airbase and the ground crew responds right away. It's always the simple things that trip you up the most. heh

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.