BS2 "Air Show" Thread

Yurgon

air_show_intro.jpg.2e54f55d60af9bd8edce3cea7ba4521e.jpg

I'm quite surprised there doesn't seem to be a thread about this wonderful mission delivered with BS2 called "Air Show". I think it deserves some special attention as it focuses on handling and aerobatics and makes us do these things in a comparable manner.

Here's my very first go at it: http://www.yurgon.de/uploads/dcs_bs/yurgon_air_show_01.trk

(ca. 10MB, MD5: 75d0790e3c65413b4b534e94dc574be9, SHA1: 2a32d8899f32b30c469e77048aa827b1f6b5f85a; I couldn't upload the file to the forum because of size restriction).

Some observations:

• I expected to screw up in a royal manor
  • I studied the briefing several times and took a few notes prior to takeoff
  • Actually it went a lot better than I had anticipated
  • (even though I completely forgot to retract the landing gear after takeoff)
  • (and almost screwed up the landing near the end of the solo performance because of that)
  • There is vast space for improvement
  • I hardly had any time to look at my notes
  • I passed 6 out of 7 tests
  • The limits enforced for a successful mission appear to be quite a bit less restrictive than those given in the mission briefing
  • Even before rendezvousing with the other Ka-50s, I'd already learned a few new things about the Abris
  • My spiral descent was terrible
  • The landing sucked
  • The landing and taxiing in Beslan sucked as well
  • It was a tremendous amount of fun!

Ever since I first glanced at that mission, I thought "I'm not ready yet". Well, I wasn't. Still ain't. But it's a great way to get better. Besides, I'm curious to see how different pilots use difference approaches to trim, FD and AP modes.

• Like 1

I flew this one a while back. I didn't do a great job on the first pass. (The cat jumped on the keyboard the bugger), and later on, I quote, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING. YOU COULD HAVE KILLED YOURSELF." That was after the spiral descent. It was great fun though.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Just tried it and completely missed the rendevouz with the other choppers. Or to be more precise: I was at the right spot at the right time, but I wasn't able to see the other two. Guess they got lost, because, you know, I was there and they didn't... *cough* :music_whistling:

So after that royal screw up I stopped the mission. Will try again tomorrow though. Looks like fun. :)