blue screen

chardly38

I was playing FC2 and it froze up then up comes the blue screen of death and the computer shuts down. It has also happened to me with BS2. Is there a way of finding out what caused it. The computer is 4 to 5 months old.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

What did the BSOD say? It looks like HW problem to me. What about CPU and GPU temperatures? Maybe memory modules? You can try some stress tests, for example FurMark, and try to run MemTest also...

Or let the one who sold it to you do it :smilewink:

Edited by Suchacz

99.9% of BSODs are caused by bad hardware. I think by default windows will reboot your system instantly, but you can turn that off (somewhere... google it is all I can say, I don't remember).

You'll usually get a few things from the BSOD:

1) The .dll that caused the crash. If it's your video card failing (could also be a northbridge) you'll see something like nv4_disp.dll (for nvidia GPUs). ha20x22k.sys is a common Creative sound card failure.

2) A memory address that contained the fault. If you see a lot of crap like 0x00a74b000a you've probably got bad RAM (and you should have a BAD_POOL_HEADER or something with it). Wouldn't hurt to test your RAM or undo any RAM overclocks you have. You can also try removing sticks to isolate a bad one.

3) A fail type, which will help you narrow your search. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually a driver or associated hardware. BAD_POOL_HEADER/CALLER or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT means look to your RAM. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can be caused by a few gremlins but from my experience is usually some sort of critical corruption of a windows system file.

There exist various tools to help you with this, but I can't remember them... let me just tell you that google will help much more than we ever could - whatever your BSOD is, someone else has had it. Have fun :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What is a BSOD?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

The Blue Screen of Death...BSOD

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

99.9% of BSODs are caused by bad hardware. I think by default windows will reboot your system instantly, but you can turn that off (somewhere... google it is all I can say, I don't remember).

You'll usually get a few things from the BSOD:

1) The .dll that caused the crash. If it's your video card failing (could also be a northbridge) you'll see something like nv4_disp.dll (for nvidia GPUs). ha20x22k.sys is a common Creative sound card failure.

2) A memory address that contained the fault. If you see a lot of crap like 0x00a74b000a you've probably got bad RAM (and you should have a BAD_POOL_HEADER or something with it). Wouldn't hurt to test your RAM or undo any RAM overclocks you have. You can also try removing sticks to isolate a bad one.

3) A fail type, which will help you narrow your search. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually a driver or associated hardware. BAD_POOL_HEADER/CALLER or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT means look to your RAM. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA can be caused by a few gremlins but from my experience is usually some sort of critical corruption of a windows system file.

There exist various tools to help you with this, but I can't remember them... let me just tell you that google will help much more than we ever could - whatever your BSOD is, someone else has had it. Have fun :D

Drivers cause the most BSODs, hardware sometimes.

Trouble with a computer usually goes like this: User, Software, Hardware; from the most flaky to the least.

Edited by louisv

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

I often see BSOD thanks to Saitek X52PRO.

Don't you use any HOTAS or something Chardly?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yes I have a X52 pro. During the blue screen i dont remember what the cause was. Is there a log keeped some where on the computer that i can look for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I bet it's X52 Pro...

I think you have 64-bit system. Exactly like me.

I tested with some situations. With and without Profiler software, with 1600Mhz RAM and 1333 Mhz RAM etc... I've seen BSOD in every situation.

Once when I plugged the X52Pro, boom! BSOD.

And once, when I "unplugged" it, boom! BSOD!

But sometimes whatever I do, nothing happen, no BSOD. But next day, like It's not my computer, every move causes BSOD. I suspected my own computer system and didn't use X52PRO (so didn't fly) in a week. Got no any BSOD...

Well, Saitek has serious driver problem in 64-bit systems (or with Windows 7 maybe). But they're still ignore this - I suppose...

I wrote this issue to Saitek in two e-mails, no reply.

I wrote this on their Facebook Official page, no reply.

I didn't see BSOD that much in my life...

I really don't know what to do...

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5 & M.Quest3 VR

The more i think about it your right. I remember times when i got BSOD when bumping the usb cord. It dosent happen alot. If it gets worse it will be time for a new controler.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok.

I'll let you know, if I get any information or solution Chardly.

• 7 months later...