Hello,New Hog Driver,---(well almost)

hickory

Hi Everybody,

First time on this site,looks real good. I think I have found a place where I might obtain answers to a few DCS questions.

First, please allow me to introduce myself,just a plain "ole" fella that likes to hunt,fish and fly. Whew, now that thats out of the way,down to the business at hand.

About a month-and-a-half ago,I purchased A-10C (english) in the box from ED.Thinking Great! this is going to be a real hoot! Granted I do realize the stiff learning curve involved. :helpsmilie:But I did'nt know that I could'nt fly online. Or can I? That seems to be my question, I know my boxed version is not up-to-date,I can get the update from ED cant I? I've regestered the sim, but I got so frustraited with it I uninstalled off my comp. Thinking that I will have to purchase the sim again from steam in order to fly or to get flight training (which I need) online. I would like to get up to snuff with this sim and maybe join a wing eventually.

Am I going to have to buy it on steam or can I just re-install ,DL the update from ED and go multiplayer from the CD? I have TS3 and a above average computer so not a problem there.

So there it is,I would like to thank everyone in advance.

Yours Sincerely,

Hickory

Aye and welcome to the forums :)

Easiest would be to download and install the latest version from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=135&lang=en

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Hello Viper

Tks for the quick reply Sir,

However on the DL page I see 4 column of 4 files. Am I to understand that I have to DL all 16 ? or just the first 4 in the first column? I apologize for being so daft. Im really a novice at this sort of thing.I really could use some help on how to do this.I apologize again.I am really excited about getting started.Thanks again for your patience. Also how do I use this torrent ?<Bows and repeats im not worthy,im not worthy> lol

Edited by hickory

Use the torrent instead of the ftp mirrors, you'll download much faster and get everything you need in one folder.

And with integrated hash-checking. That in itself is an awesome feature. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Hi Hickory,

Welcome to DCS and don't worry, most of us are 'ole' fella's anyway :smilewink:

If you decide not to go down the torrent route hopefully this below will help and is how I did it:

Download the 4 files. I've done this from the FTP1 site for each file.

This should give you 3 .bin files and 1.exe file

Make sure they go in the same folder and once downloaded click the .exe file.

This should then install DCS A10C 1.1.1.1

"The sky is not the limit.....it's my playground!!" @paraglidecass