Bought New Parts - Have a question

I just bought some new parts and have them all installed in my computer and I'm just working on getting the updates and drivers.

I bought a 128GB SSD and I gotta say that holy crap wow its awesome.

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could simply move my DCS folder from my old hard drive to my SSD or if that would cause some file integrity problems or registry problems or something else. Anyone have any ideas on that?

Also, I am looking for the .exe for the 1.1.1.0 build. I have the .bin files in a backup but I apparently didn't put the .exe in there as well. I also have the patch to 1.1.1.1 files already as well. I don't want to redownload the whole full installer again due to my extremely crap internet speeds. 100KB/s max.

If someone can shed some light on these things I would greatly appreciate it! Take care and thanks!

You should be able to move DCS A-10 as long as you update your shortcuts but I must admit to never having had a reason to do so.

As for the exe. Here it is.

EDIT: Just noticed that you had not specified, I assumed you meant A-10 instead of BS2.

A-10C_full_en.zip

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You should be able to move DCS A-10 as long as you update your shortcuts but I must admit to never having had a reason to do so.

As for the exe. Here it is.

EDIT: Just noticed that you had not specified, I assumed you meant A-10 instead of BS2.

Oops apologies, you were correct in your assumption it was for A-10.

Thank you for the exe.

As for my reason to move the folder, I'm hoping to just cut down on the load times. I can't imagine it would have any improvement on the game play itself, and if so I probably wouldn't notice it. I will notice a three to four minute wait during load turn into a 20 to 30 second load though. Thats my hope!

Actually I probably won't move the folder, now that I have the exe I'll be able to just reinstall fresh.

Edited by Kerkain

Oops apologies, you were correct in your assumption it was for A-10.

Thank you for the exe.

As for my reason to move the folder, I'm hoping to just cut down on the load times. I can't imagine it would have any improvement on the game play itself, and if so I probably wouldn't notice it. I will notice a three to four minute wait during load turn into a 20 to 30 second load though. Thats my hope!

Actually I probably won't move the folder, now that I have the exe I'll be able to just reinstall fresh.

That is all I meant by no reason. I prefer clean install just incase something has gotten 'buggered' over time that I might not be aware of.

You should be quite happy with A-10 on an SSD. Even happier with your OS on one!;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is all I meant by no reason. I prefer clean install just incase something has gotten 'buggered' over time that I might not be aware of.

You should be quite happy with A-10 on an SSD. Even happier with your OS on one!;)

Very happy. Its been pretty amazing thus far.

I just got DCS A10 installed and now I'm waiting on Steam to load up so I can get the key off it. So far, loading the game is wicked fast.

Graphics settings are now on HIGH, before they were all set and maxed at MEDIUM.

I'm highly interested in seeing how well my computer handles HIGH settings... I may just end up putting them back down to medium lol, but still that was an unexpected surprise to see.

You didn't say what other parts you changed. The SSD will, as you see, improve load times but it should have no impact on in game graphic performance. That is pretty much CPU/Graphics card territory.

That is what I was thinking as well, which is why it was unexpected.

I upgraded my RAM to 12GB, up from 3.25GB. I imagine that was probably the biggest reason.

Went to a 64-bit OS.

Installed a 128GB SDD

Installed a 1TB HDD for storage.

So, as you can see, with what I installed I wasn't expecting anything other than load times to change. But I got some nice graphics changes as well, likely due to the RAM upgrades.

Game works like a freaking charm by the way!!! My load times were cut down significantly. My estimates above were pretty close, I'd say I wait for about 10 to 15 seconds tops. That. Is. Unbelievable.

The 64bit OS and the additional memory definately would make DCS happier. Along with the SSD that made for a nice little upgrade.

By the end of the summer I plan on getting the rest of my system disks on SSD and hopefully all application disks as well.

Enjoy your 'new' sim.:thumbup:

Kerkain, what CPU and video card are you running?

Moving to a 64 bit OS with memory definitely would have helped. Not the screen but opening the bottleneck from the cpu to the video card.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Radeon HD 6950 2GB and AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black 3.2GHz

My whole rig is:

Windows 7 64bit

Radeon HD 6950 2GB

640GB WD

1TB Samsung Spinpoint

128GB M4 SSD

12GB G.SKILL Ripjaws

Antec TruePower 650W

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black 3.2GHz

ASUS M4A79XTD

Still can't get over how fast I can get in game and start flying.

Still can't get over how fast I can get in game and start flying.

I never really timed it myself. but this prompted me to do so.

On the SP quick mission for the F-15c.

From the very first click to start the game till i was in the pit was

a measly 21 seconds.

SSD's are great for loading times aren't they :thumbup:

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

Ssd prices are pretty low right now. Lots of them on newegg at less than $1/gb. Wish I would have waited a few months now since the one I got is $40 cheaper now. Hopefully the prices keep falling.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

• 3 weeks later...
Ssd prices are pretty low right now. Lots of them on newegg at less than $1/gb. Wish I would have waited a few months now since the one I got is $40 cheaper now. Hopefully the prices keep falling.

Indeed. The 256GB M4 is now $100 less than I paid a few months ago.

I am still happy though!;)