basics

I'd like to fly the su25 to try DCS before I buy an aircraft. Where are the basic commands for operating the simulator and the aircraft? After freezing the sim several times by trying to select "training" I finally found a reference in the forum which led me to the su25 single mission, where there only a few commands, like starting the engines, and they didn't work. When I look at the A10 there's lots of info, but I'm not going to spend $$ before I've even seen if the sim works for me.

Probably I'm missing something simple, but help me anyway. Thanks.

hi Vfaco,

Good idea to try before you buy!

The Su25t is a prety advanced aircraft in and of it's own right....much less complicated than the A10c or KA50 , but still, much much more complicated than the average computer game.

There is a link around here soemwhere to the FC2 (thats Flaming Cliffs 2) manual , which will have the pertinant information about the DCS:World SU25t (it is the same as the FC2 Su25t more or less)

Teh first place to go would be to the "options", "controllers" menu, select "Su25t" from teh dropdown menul on the upper left, and select "Axis Commands" from the right dropdown.

Start assigning Axis to your joystick...

Then start selecting the other control categories from the top left drop down, and you will soon see all the available controls!

Anyway,

I believe there is a good manual for the Su25t in the FC2 documentation, but someone else will have to link it, as I cant reemeber where to get it from!

Once youve done what I suggested, and had a look through the manual, you should totally ask questions here....we all started off fresh one day, and most folks are happy to help (as long as you have put in a little effort up front )

Good luck!

I'd like to fly the su25 to try DCS before I buy an aircraft. Where are the basic commands for operating the simulator and the aircraft? After freezing the sim several times by trying to select "training" I finally found a reference in the forum which led me to the su25 single mission, where there only a few commands, like starting the engines, and they didn't work. When I look at the A10 there's lots of info, but I'm not going to spend $$ before I've even seen if the sim works for me.

Probably I'm missing something simple, but help me anyway. Thanks.

Navigate to D:\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\Doc

And what you need is to print the key_commands of aircraft you want to fly.

EDIT: I didn't read well.

I upped both 25/T key commands. Print'em, and get going. Unless ED switched the controls mapping:

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Thanks for all the info, but .....

I still don't know the basics, like starting the motors. The key commands have no effect except for a couple of the view keys.

All I see in the controls screen is a blank bunch of keys which have no meaning to me and no apparent effect. No SU25 option, no drop down menus, no axis assignment list.

The video does a nice job with the weapons systems, but I'll have to fly first.

Obviously I'm in another world.

Sounds like you might not be unpausing, when it first loads it is in a paused state.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Thanks for all the info, but .....

I still don't know the basics, like starting the motors. The key commands have no effect except for a couple of the view keys.

All I see in the controls screen is a blank bunch of keys which have no meaning to me and no apparent effect. No SU25 option, no drop down menus, no axis assignment list.

The video does a nice job with the weapons systems, but I'll have to fly first.

Obviously I'm in another world.

?..really, ?..you don't see this?

if that's the case, something is not right with your install..

(you reach that by selecting "options" , "controls")

su25controls.jpg.cf0fb3e81194bc5aa16f36b818d29603.jpg

OK, I figured that one out. Next is how to fly.

When I try Training the program locks up. When I try any SU25 mission I get the P-51D activation screen requiring a key. When I try to back out of that screen the program locks up.

Is there a way to get out of full screen so I can have conversations like this one without having to go through the multiple screens to shut down and restart DCS.

Again I'm probably missing something simple. I hope instructions on the basics are part of the beta process.

Thanks

Solved -- turns out that if I click "exit" 3 times on the aforesaid P51 key screen and wait a while the SU25 mission comes up. Weird, but it works.

BTW, I agree that it's a beta, but it never hurts to ask!!

You have not, by some chance, installed the addons for the P-51, A-10 & BS2?

It sounds like you might be cancelling the activation for each (the windows are identical except for the title in the window frame).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: