Patriot lock warning?

Buzpilot

Have not watched the track due to replay issues, but just be aware that the Beryoza has limited coverage and, dependant on the attitude of your plane, will lose the SAM signal - does not however mean that the missile has lost you - just means that your Beryoza is blind.

It's still in line of sight from SA-10 Battery, so 'blind' seem strange.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

LOS does not matter :)

As said, the missile will still see you: Your plane, dependant on attitude, will not see the SAM Battery. I'll see if I can dig up the parameters.

Edit: Detection range of Azimuth: +/- 180 degrees, and Elevation Range: +/- 30 degrees.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Beryoza has a +/- 35 degree elevation limit. If you bank past 35 deg one way or the other with the SAM on your side, you will lose the signal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

**Edit: Disregard the above - definitely a bug at low altitude. I did not even get a launch. I'll look further and report.

Thanx :)

Wikipedia; SA-10

It was originally intended to fit the Track Via Missile (TVM) guidance system onto this model. However, the TVM system had problems tracking targets below 500 m. Rather than accept the limitation, the Soviets decided that the tracking of low altitude targets was a must and decided to use a pure command-guidance system until the TVM head was ready.[6] This allowed the minimum engagement altitude to be set at 25 m.

Could be Patriot too don't track as good below 500m, it's using TVM. So maybe not a bug after all.

Beryoza has a +/- 35 degree elevation limit. If you bank past 35 deg one way or the other with the SAM on your side, you will lose the signal.

I see now, first time it was a very short moment i went outside limit, hardly long enough to loose track, my bad.

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup: