Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

Republic F-84F for DCS World Bounty

BHawthorne

If anyone will do a Republic F-84F for DCS with SFM I'll pay a bounty of $500. I have all the relevant information you'll need for the project. I have all the maintenance manuals, flight manual, crew checklists, the 51 roll technical drawing microfilm set and I own F-84F-10GK 51-9345 and crew chief for the Kansas Aviation Museum F-84F-51GK 52-9089. Whatever reference you need I can get you including full access to both real aircraft if you're near Kansas.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Edited by BHawthorne

There's a lot of planes coming out and I know I can't afford them all, but this one I will afford. That's the best I can do, for what it's worth. I'd love to see more aircraft from the Korea/Vietnam eras.

I hope some talented folks take you up on your offer, Hawthorne.

BHawthorne. I find totally legitime you ask for the plane you want and offer money for it. Is a bit like a Kickstarter project. Just curious, can I ask why you are so interested in this plane? Family related maybe?

And will you use in combat role on FC world?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

BHawthorne. I find totally legitime you ask for the plane you want and offer money for it. Is a bit like a Kickstarter project. Just curious, can I ask why you are so interested in this plane? Family related maybe?

And will you use in combat role on FC world?

It being a kickstarter project might be an option. I'd need to collaborate with several people to make it a success though. I don't have the knowledge to do it on my own hence the offer of a bounty for anyone that would complete and release a SFM F-84F with good 3d model.

I thought I mentioned why in my first post. I own 51-9345 and crew chief 52-9089...the real aircraft. DCS: World will be wired into the cockpit of 51-9345 as a flight simulator using the real cockpit section. :smilewink:

I would like to use it in a 50's era fighter-bomber combat role as the aircraft was originally used for.

Here is 51-9345. This is my project fuselage.

left_fuselage.jpg

aft_fuselage.jpg

sheppard_v4_0.jpg

Here is 52-9089. I totally rebuilt the cockpit. I still need to install the A-4M gun sight into it later this summer.

KAM1.jpg

100_2745.jpg

100_2740.jpg

Edited by BHawthorne

If you ever come across an A-10 pit, let me know!

Highly unlikely, they're super rare. The only reason why these airframes exist are they were instructional airframes demiled long ago. It would of had to of been in the 80's or earlier. I'd guess most of that stuff is recycled into beer cans now. USAF no longer demil like that anymore. They require 4x4" shredding now. With you being outside the US, export restrictions apply making it further impossible. Besides, if I found one I'd want it myself. :smilewink:

Pima Air and Space Museum has a very cool A-10 cockpit section in their first building though. It would be exactly what I'd want if I ever found one.

Edited by BHawthorne

just spitballing here but won't you run into intellectual property issues with ED/DCS/model-author when you take the completed project to airshows and charge $50/pop "to experience the world's only F-84 cockpit flight simulator" ?

just spitballing here but won't you run into intellectual property issues with ED/DCS/model-author when you take the completed project to airshows and charge $50/pop "to experience the world's only F-84 cockpit flight simulator" ?

Not if ED authorized the project to begin with.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Wags is aware of my projects and which are commercial and which are non-commercial. The F-84F is my personal project and is non-commercial. I have no immediate plans for the F-84F sim to be available for public use for income. However I do service 6 commercial sims that ED is aware of that are currently Prepar3d/MSFS commercial licensed. Wags is interested in the ability to offer commercial license of DCS World to customers in the future. Should you want more information please contact ED.

Should I have an interest to use the F-84F for income in the future, appropriate licensing will be arranged with ED for DCS World and LM for Prepar3d. Using the F-84F commercially once or twice a year is not currently a priority for me though. There is no consistent money in it and I'd rather not have random strangers screwing up my cockpit. I do help third party sims at air shows though. Better for random public to screw up their cockpits than mine. $50 a pop is not worth it if people are taring up a cockpit that took years to assemble from impossible to find parts. I might humor having the F-84F at an air show as a static display, but no way I want people crawling around in the cockpit abusing it like a coin operated video game.

Hopefully, that properly addresses your questions. :smilewink:

Edited by BHawthorne

Highly unlikely, they're super rare... With you being outside the US, export restrictions apply making it further impossible. Besides, if I found one I'd want it myself. :smilewink:.

I wouldn't mind an old A model pit. There's one at the Eglin AFB musuem in Ft. Walton Beach, Fl. I've sat in that thing many times over the years, last time being 2006.

I'm actually from NJ. Moved to Germany a few years ago, but if there was an A-10 cockpit tub, I'd buy and set it up at my folks place. Itd give them a reason to give me my room back, lol. My wife and I don't have all that much room here anyway.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

i can model it for you, but before i give you a final answer, tell me what parts do you want? cockpit, only fuselage etc/ and what is the deadline?

A virtual cockpit isn't overly important for me, because everything will be real. Others that want to get the aircraft though will probably want one. I'm mostly looking for an accurate high fidelity airframe model tied to the SFM for DCS World. I'd like it to look like my aircraft when it was in active service at Luke or Sheppard AFB in the 50's with natural metal finish. Any other skins are up to the imagination of the 3d artist. I'd like it high enough quality to be one of the add-ons for DCS World, but no need to carry the DCS label. IE: SFM but up to FC3 quality.

As for deadline, the deadline is when all criteria are met. I'm a realist, it'll be done when it's done.

Edited by BHawthorne

Noticed the scope of the topic changed again, so I moved it over here for now.

Nice cockpits!

Give me a hint if you want it back into mods & apps - if it still is a mod-request challenge.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning