Best joystick under $75/60 Euro

Hello everyone :)

Let me first off say a little about myself. I realize this forum is where hardcore flight sim fans tends to congruent and I am perfectly okay with that.

Let me go on to say I would love to join the ranks of the hardcore but I am lacking in time/money/skills/patience :D

I don't have Track IR and don't plan on buying it.

I don't have multiple monitors

I don't wear a flight suit while playing

I don't have an ejector seat built into my office chair (although that would be handy for getting away from the old lady and the kids for a while)

I do however recognize my need to upgrade my joystick. Right now I have a Logitech 2.4 Freedom Wireless that is getting up there in age. The buttons are starting to stick, the throttle is loose and the deadzone on it is problematic to say the least. It takes a lot of effort to keep a straight and level flight path.

With that in mind I am asking what would be a good joystick for me.

Unfortunately given that I can't sink 15 hours a week into the game (I wish I could) and that I will never post videos on youtube or fly online, I would describe myself as a 'lite' flight simmer.

I just want something that will give me a good game play experience while playing in simulation mode.

I would prefer it to be a heavy joystick. The Logitech is so light weight that even moderate movements lift it off my desk.

I would also prefer the joystick to 'fight' me if that makes any sense at all. What I mean by that is that when I move it I want it to take some effort and let me 'feel' the entire movement.

The Logitech feels like it is either at center or all the way to it's outside zone. I can't feel anything in between.

I DON'T need an independent throttle. I would however prefer the throttle to be smooth and have a large zone of movement. The Logitech stick has a very small zone and is very hard to make minute throttle adjustments.

It has gotten me through Falcon 4.0 Allied Force and Rise of Flight but A-10 is proving just too much for it and is hampering my learning.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions!

I should also note that I purchased the Black Shark 2 upgrade. That makes A-10 feel like flying a WW-1 trainer. I really need an upgrade to even attempt at keeping a powerful helicopter under control. The lack of a proper throttle adjustment kills me.

Edited by rudel.dietrich

Agree with Nopileus, there is not much to choose from in that range. I would go with the T. Flight HOTAS X as well. It a decent stick, actually about the best I have seen for under $100 (new). The base has some weight but there is little substitute for anchoring the thing somehow.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi, my flight stick is a cheapy but I think it's ok tbh, has throttle control and 15 programmable buttons and since you to don't intend to use track ir this stick has a small thumb joystick on the flight stick itself which I use to look around the cick pit.And a wheel under that which I use for applying air brakes. It has adjustable parts to which was handy for my shovel like hands :joystick:

Saitek cyborg x. (£30-40)

Good luck.

help for new people like myself http://forums.eagle.ru/member.php?u=90268

I have T. flight HOTAS X and i have to say that the small number of Buttons is not the best, but if you use 5 Buttons as modificators for the Coolie Hat (like I do) you are ok with almost the complete hotas of the A-10. There only lacks a mic switch, a boat switch, pinky switch, and airbrakes. But these aren't that important so i have them on the keyboard. My hotas covers MMCB, looking around, CMS, DMS, TMS, SLEW, COOLIE, TRIM, CHINA and left throttle button. And of course weapon release and fire gun.

Regarding TrackIR: Also i have mapped looking around to my stick, it is much better to have TrackIR. As i dont have enough money for a TrackIR i got a free one! FreeTrack allows you to have a HeadTracker almost for free. I am using an unmodified 10€ Webcam with my self-crafted 3-Point-Cap using white LEDs from Conrad. Make sure the LED emit their light in a wide angle so your can don't loose track if you don't look exactly at your camera.

Oznerol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In my opinion the Thrustmaster T16000 is the best stick in this price range.

It has the best feel and tension I have ever experienced on a joystick. It is the ceapest joystick with hall-sensors on the X and Y axis. It does not have many buttons on the stick, most of them are located on the base. Apart from that it's great.

I use the saitek throttle quadrant so can't comment on the throttle. I use it for brakes and I can achieve smooth and proportional braking.

If you dont want TrackIR. Try FacetrackNOIR, its free. And you'll never want to go back afterwards.

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far. I will look at them.

Meanwhile, keep suggesting.

My dream would be to get a Saitek X-52 Pro but I can't find one for below 109 Euros.

I found some for less than that but they are advertised as 'refurbished'

That is a warning sign to me