View Distance with Anti Aliasing

Crysinator

Hello DCS community,

today I started testing Combined Operations with a friend and we noticed some problems with the view distance. I played as the russian "Tor" Air Defense and he had his A-10C. He started locking on me im some kilometers distance but I could see him. I waited for some minutes and then suddenly his plane popped up at about 8 kilometers distance and his Maverick killed me. My turret pointed directly on his plane but it's just not visible >8 km. I also experience the same problem with the P51D is there a solution for this?

Thank you!

Hardware: Intel i7-6700K (OC) - 16GB DDR4 (OC) - Asus Z170 - MSI GTX 1080 (OC)

Input: TrackIR 5 - Thrustmaster Warthog

Thank you Mustang it works better now but I still think that the planes shoud be more visible in the distance. I tried the mod out with an absolutely clear sky and the A-10C was visible from about 9 to 10 km.

Is it realistic to see a head-on profile of A-10 from >8 km? It’s hard enough to see a 737 belly at 30000 feet.

Looking in the direction of 4 degrees from the horizon where the haze is thicker, it might be easier to spot a truck than A-10 from that distance and angle. Zoomed in doesn’t cover the focus.

Realism may be of secondary importance though.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I also tried other planes e.g. the C130 and it's the same thing every time. It seems like the plane should be visible but it's to small for a pixel!

Have a look at the pictures I've uploaded. If you zoom in the plane is there but if you zoom out it isn't even a black dot on the screen!

By the way this is at 12 km and as I said it isn't visible at all till ~ 7,5 km!

I guess this picture shows how it should be http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=62809&stc=1&d=1329419966

1328259278_mitZoom.thumb.jpg.6b5c27d5f182e34d5e4a14862970b841.jpg

1687289189_ohneZoom.thumb.jpg.9c9fb3f9189174fbf0aaccbc56f46a11.jpg

Edited by Crysinator

I don’t understand that visibility range in the link.

As I recall my understanding about the LODs in LO, there was a system where the radius of 3D model would determine the number of LODs and related distances and that was up to the 3D creators to create appropriate poly distribution between the LODs.

A black dot is one thing, a grey bluish makes a difference.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.