x52 profile problems

I just picked up the x52 (not Pro) and I cannot seem to get this sucker to work while playing the A-10C module. I can't find a clear fix for this... .pr0 file or .dat file? Neither works for me gaaahhhh frustration 4 hours now working on this. I cleared the Saitek x52 control in-game but when I try to load a profile it asks for a .lua file?? I have also tried loading the x52 profile via the (downloaded and most recent driver and) SST program but still nothing. Sometimes the speedbreaks will work, but literally no other button/function will work. I'm about ready to return the damn thing. Help??

What worked for me in the past:

1. Clear all X52 assignments ingame except for the axis ones

2. Dont try and load a profile ingame, use SST to load a profile

3. If you got the slider on the throttle to work as speedbrake, remember to put the slider back into the mid position after extending or retracting the brake otherwise it'll keep spamming the keystroke and no other key will respond.

Edited by Stinky

Thanks everyone for responding! Stinky, I followed your advice and got about 95% of everything working, so thanks. I can't seem to use the clutch button for anything, and the gear function as well as the Center TrackIR button also refuse to map for whatever reason. Any ideas on that? Thanks again for everyone's help, I've gone through the entire training series again (the joystick commands really helped familiarize myself with the setup) and am feeling really comfortable already. I'm hoping soon to be able to fly on missions with some of you!

there's an option in the saitek software enable/disable clutch. I have it disabled so that it responds to the profile, it didn't when that option was enabled (it's my gear keypress).

rclick the x52 icon in tray, choose control panel. On the MFD page uncheck 'enable clutch mode'

Make sure that the trackir center key in the profile is the same as in trackir _And_ make sure the key is not also used in DCS :)

This is the profile Im using: X52 DCS A-10C.zip

Edited by Stinky

I wanted to mention as well in case there is anyone having the same issue, there seems to be a bug with attempting the change any of the x52 controls via SSt while in DCS. It did some really funky things to my setup (things I hadn't actually touched at all) and this fix for this is to exit DCS, change your profile settings, disconnect x52 from comp (you may not need to do this), reconnect and reboot DCS and you should be good to go.

You can stop the speedbrake slider from locking up other activities by changing the action in SST to be some key combination that uses no modifiers (like just bare N and B), and then setting your speedbrake in/out keys in DCS to those keys.

The slider only locks up the HOTAS because it causes modifier keys to be held down. Drop the modifiers and that stops.

3. If you got the slider on the throttle to work as speedbrake, remember to put the slider back into the mid position after extending or retracting the brake otherwise it'll keep spamming the keystroke and no other key will respond.

I agree. I believe a lot of problems people encounter with sst is with having an axis send a continuous key press (stuck key) no pc can cope with this for long. solution is to use macros

I use my slider for speed brake. Set with bands but using macros for the key presses so that even if i leave the slider at one of the extremes it will only send the keystroke for a few seconds anyway (as long as it takes for speed brakes to extend/retract, 3 or 4 seconds i think).