Helios help please!

bloomstomb

Ive set up my monitors working properly. I made a very simple profile with 2 mfcds, and 2 mfd's i got out of the tool box.

Ive added the a10c interface, and Profile editor gave me the message "your dcs a-10c configuration is up to date".

What is it that i have to do to get the mfcd buttons to work in game?

Ive been at this pretty much all day and feel like a blind rat. Manual only says to

please help!

Ive set up my monitors working properly. I made a very simple profile with 2 mfcds, and 2 mfd's i got out of the tool box.

Ive added the a10c interface, and Profile editor gave me the message "your dcs a-10c configuration is up to date".

What is it that i have to do to get the mfcd buttons to work in game?

Ive been at this pretty much all day and feel like a blind rat. Manual only says to

please help!

OK, the step-by-step button configuration for Helios takes a bit to figure out. Again, the best way to learn how a button works is to take one apart (open up a button in the existing profile and look at the settings).

However, there is an easier way but it may still take you some time to get it sorted. First, run two copies of the editor. Open up the dl profile that you grabbed in the first one. The open your experimental (or a new) profile. It is possible to select the entire MFD buttons and all and 'copy-n-paste' it into a new profile.

The key is going through the hierarchy of the profile and located the top level of the part you want to copy.

I am sorry I am not giving you a more detailled explanation but it has been a while since I dug into the details and without it right in front of me it is not an easy thing to explain.

EDIT: I also have a head cold which is keeping my brain from working properly. ;)

Btw, don't get frustrated too quick. Helios is extremely powerful and versatile, consequently it can be confusing. The key is taking one function at a time and trying to understand it.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

See this thread (= general tips using Helios):

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1332078#post1332078

Multimonitor-/Helios -related threads:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716

Some things have changed with the newest versions of DCS sims, so the first messages of these threads are probably a bit out of date.

• Like 1

No worries. Once you get your feet wet, let me know if I can be of assistance.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I concur. You will learn this. I went through a lot of trial and error and I still have a lot to learn. My flying experience is nothing short of amazing with HELIOS. It has changed the way I fly. It is as real as you can get without actually taking real flight.

Yesss, Helios is a great tool !!

But it is a pain in the ass to setup and understand. It will take its time, but with some friendly help you will figure out as I do (step by step) and helpfull members here in the forums !

On my first steps I asked a programmer from my work and he has to think very very long until he understood the system. I need also hours to add functions to my simpit, but so far everything is working and the feeling is great ... in cowork with my TFS3 :)

Take your time .. I am more setting up the simpit and Helios than flying .... but the change will come :megalol:

Anyone notice a performance drop with helios on? Any tips on getting around this?

Overclock your CPU. :)

BTW, the biggest problem I have noticed with Helios/DCS A-10C is that track replays will be completely f**ed up if you use Helios (= manipulate switches during the flight). Helios inputs won't be recorded. At least with standalone v1.1.1.1. Haven't tried with DCS World yet.