DCS:World 1.2.1 corrupted exe. file

PDXMike

Spend nearly 8 hours downloading all 4 parts. Finally got all of them, put them in their own directory and ran the .exe file as admin, got "source file corrupted"

Downloaded again this time from German Http server... same result.

WTF!!

Naturally this is AFTER I have already uninstalled 1.2.9 version.

I'd try the FTP servers to see if they work, but they ask me for a user name password, am I supposed to use my forum id/password??

I'd try the FTP servers to see if they work, but they ask me for a user name password, am I supposed to use my forum id/password??

No this happens if too many users are frequenting the DL servers at one time...may be select another one or wait a little while.

Do you´ve got to redownload everythings or just a single part?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

No this happens if too many users are frequenting the DL servers at one time...may be select another one or wait a little while.

Do you´ve got to redownload everythings or just a single part?

I ended up just having to download the first .bin file DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970-1.bin

I looked very carefully at the downloaded file sizes and that one was only 1.6 GB...

Still having issues with BS2 though, won't activate.

I ended up just having to download the first .bin file DCS_World_en_1.2.1.5970-1.bin

I looked very carefully at the downloaded file sizes and that one was only 1.6 GB...

Still having issues with BS2 though, won't activate.

Glad you got world to install. My file sizes are

exe 1958kb

world 1.bin 1,951,167kb

world 2.bin 1,901,626kb

world 3.bin 1,378,483kb

Are these correct compared to yours?

Verify the MD5 checksums of every file after download. That way you will know which one, if any, is corrupted/did not download properly.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I've had this problem loads with both 1.2.0 and 1.2.1. What I found (and I did download all files at least 5 times!!!). If you try to install again and again without rebooting your comp it always seems to be corrupt at the same point. If you reboot you'll probably find it either corrupts at a different point or if you're lucky will fully install. I reboot probably 15 times after trying to install this friggin software to finally get it to load. Only to find that that my cockpit is missing and I can't use the mouse or the plane explodes on starting a mission!!! not that any of that helps you guys! Hope you all get it working. I still havn't, but I re-installed 1.2.0 and it's less buggy for me

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |