Intermittent user input problems BS1 Win7 x64

ChromeWasp

1 flight in 3 BS starts to ignore joystick input

The joystick is still functioning in windows OK

It seems to happen if I don't move the joystick for a period of time

(Which happens if I am in autohover - all my shkval and weapons controls are on other input devices)

The only solution is to abort the mission

--

On a similar note there are other times when the mouse is ignored (but it usually starts working again, unlike the joystick)

And when in the Options / Controls GUI sometimes pressing a button will jump to the corresponding row, other times it won't ... I can't determine a pattern

In general BS1 seems to have problems handling user input

I didn't find similar problems when searching this forum, am I alone?

all my shkval and weapons controls are on other input devices)

I didn't find similar problems when searching this forum, am I alone?

What do you mean by other input devices? additional keyboards? Can you please specify that a little more. What Joystick do you have actually?

My guess is that the dog is hidden there. what about remapping the Joystick with most of the necessary inputs and remopve all other devices, may be we´ve a hardware or driver issue here.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Thanks for your helpful posts

I plugged the joystick in to a different USB port and have had no problems since

My guess is that the joystick was getting "unplugged" very briefly - enough for black shark to lose it as a DirectInput device

xbox controllers have a different API that supports hot plugging while the game is running - but DirectInput devices need special handling for this

The proof is simple - unplug a joystick while BS is flying and plug it back in - it won't work ...

Not a big problem but ideally BS should handle hot plugging of a plug and play device