Thread's & post's marked as read...

ApoNOOB

... even when not read.

Hi guys, normally I am used to just click in forums on the "Go to first new post" button on the left side of the threads. But in this forum I have the problem that all post's are marked as read even when I have not read them.

First I thought this would be an option that I can turn on/off but sadly I can't find it. Is there a way to set it up so that threads are only marked as read - when I really read them?

Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry for possible engrish.

Apo

• 3 weeks later...
... even when not read.

Hi guys, normally I am used to just click in forums on the "Go to first new post" button on the left side of the threads. But in this forum I have the problem that all post's are marked as read even when I have not read them.

First I thought this would be an option that I can turn on/off but sadly I can't find it. Is there a way to set it up so that threads are only marked as read - when I really read them?

Thanks for the help in advance, and sorry for possible engrish.

Apo

Having a similar issue. I open the forum up in my browser (Firefox 16.01) and all looks good, lots of unread posts. I start reading using the view unread icon, and start reading. BUT if I leave the computer for a bit (answer the phone, let the dog out, hit the head....) when I comeback EVERYTHING is marked as READ!.

I too, looked at all of the options to see if there is some setting to turn on/off to fix this, and don't see anything. Any idea as to why this is occurring?

BUT if I leave the computer for a bit (answer the phone, let the dog out, hit the head....) when I comeback EVERYTHING is marked as READ!.

Same here, and that's a bit annoying.

I like to check just a part of the forum when I have a little spare time, but if I come back later to check the rest, everything is marked as read. I'm guessing there's some kind of idle time countdown or a timestamp comparison that is meant as a feature but works against my habits.

I have no experience with vBulletins, but if there's a simple switch to change this behaviour (or vastly extend the time period), it would be great of the admins could adjust that.