Long delay before loading Black Shark

doveman

After I start an Instant Mission and the DCSW interface closes, I then get a DCSW box on my desktop for quite a while before the BS loading screen appears. I don't recall this being the case with 1.2.0 and I think the BS loading screen appeared much sooner after the DCSW interface closed.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I've timed it and from RAMDisk it takes about 9s for Launcher to load, then when I start an Instant Mission it takes about 5s before the DCS box appears, then about 30s before it changes to the black screen and about another 30s before BS2 shows the "Press pause to fly" screen.

From HDD, it's about 25s for Launcher to load, 7s for the DCS box to appear after starting an Instant Mission, 34s before the black screen and about 96s before BS2 is ready.

So Launcher and the final stage go about three times quicker, whilst there's not much difference in the second and third stages, which total 35s and 41s for RAMdisk and HDD respectively, so I wonder what's going on during these?

I would have expected a bigger improvement in all stages really, as you can see from these benchmarks of the RAMDisk (IMdisk awealloc) and the HDD respectively that the former is around 13x and 29x faster for Seq and 512k reads and 290x and 182x faster for 4k and 4k QD32 reads.

10gbawealloccdm.png

samsung2tbntfscdm.png

With these results, I wonder what it's like with a much slower SSD (around 500MB/s, i.e 3x slower than RAMdisk). Perhaps someone with an AMD system and a SSD could time how long it takes for DCSW/BS2 to load for them and post the CrystalDiskMark for their SSD as well?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 1 month later...

I have bought/installed FC3 which goes into DCS World,

I have removed MODMAN and all add ons,

But since installation of FC3 on DCS World 1.2.2.2 the KA-50/A-10 take minutes to load from what were 30 second starts on flights I created ages back and have been fine.

When they do eventually load the first few minutes is spent waiting for it to unfreeze and then find I'm in the air.... from a runway start

I use Trackir and it will appear working but there have been moments when only the in cockpit view is available

Definately a performance hit having FC3 installed

I have checked my stick settings and cleared off any that could cause interferance.

FCC3 is good but the frame hit is a pain

It's not just FC3, I only have the BS2 module and it's taking much longer to load and then freezing after clicking Fly as well.

It's not just FC3, I only have the BS2 module and it's taking much longer to load and then freezing after clicking Fly as well.

bs2 is also slower to load for me, than say the A-10C or P-51, all withing DCS world.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

The problems I was having with 1.2.2 have been fixed with the new update now.

Now loading time is 30-35 secs for BlackShark?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yeah I'm getting extreme long loading time and in BS2 it freezes on the briefing screen after loading. It took over 3 minutes to load any aircrafts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3930K @ 4.7Ghz | 980ti | 32gb Ram | Windows 10 64 bit | 840 Pro SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog | VKB Gunfighter Pro | Slaw Device RX Viper | Acer Predator X34

Yeah I'm getting extreme long loading time and in BS2 it freezes on the briefing screen after loading. It took over 3 minutes to load any aircrafts.

same. works after alt/tab though

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I have BS2 and CA. Now everything is very slow to load. CA loads are still tolerable, but BS2 loads almost make the game unplayable.

Having the same issue. On my system it's only installing the BS2 module that slows everything down. Is your BS2 module the upgrade from BS1 ?

Yes, my BS2 is an upgrade from BS1. However, I thought that it was irrelevant in DCS world as it was only needed for the first time activation. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Starcrap DRM is the root of the problem here.

This is why they're telling servers to prolong the time it takes to "time out" the client connection- because of these longer loading issues.

MY problem is that I can't find that fricken setting- but I'm certain it's causing a majority of our connection issues... particulary in the first few minutes of connection.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Same here

I have bought/installed FC3 which goes into DCS World,

I have removed MODMAN and all add ons,

But since installation of FC3 on DCS World 1.2.2.2 the KA-50/A-10 take minutes to load from what were 30 second starts on flights I created ages back and have been fine.

When they do eventually load the first few minutes is spent waiting for it to unfreeze and then find I'm in the air.... from a runway start

I use Trackir and it will appear working but there have been moments when only the in cockpit view is available

Definately a performance hit having FC3 installed

I have checked my stick settings and cleared off any that could cause interferance.

FCC3 is good but the frame hit is a pain

More or less the same [less Modman] since the Nov 14 update worst for speed to load is any flight piloting the KA50. Using a Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard, OCZ 120gb SSD as main drive where DCS World is installed with all modules and OS Win 7 64 bit. Second drive for page file, Nvidia 580 gtx graphics card, creative XFi sound card, Roccat Kave headset, 12gb kingston ram, Warthog Hotas, Trackir with clip. I have updated all system drivers to the latest available and followed the tweak guides for motherboard settings etc.

When I first installed combined arms this problem started then after being patched prior to the release of FC3 it went back to normal. Installed FC3 on release and after current patch back to slow loading. It may be the beta status of FC3 and Combined Arms.

Has anyone put in a ticket to the devs?

That said my average frame rate is anything between 22-60 fps vsync on in cockpit about 30 fps depending on how busy the mission is etc. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

With v#.#.#.7570, loading issues all gone! It loads very fast as before.

Plus, when click on FLY, it was freezing for a while. Now it's fixed too! Game starts immediately now.

Really thank you ED. :)

(Edit) Correction: Oh my! I've never seen it that fast before. 1st loading was ~60 secs (I don't care first one). But, second loading is ~20 secs!!.

Thanks again ED!

Edited by Devrim

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068