FFB trimmer issue since 1.2.2

Joki

Prior to updating to 1.2.2 I flew a mission in 1.2.1 and everything worked just fine. Immediatly after the update I started a simple created mission and got this:

If i move the stick all the way towards me and press the trim botton, it moves to the far right. If i then press the trim button again it moves back all the way towards me.

In the same way if i move the stick all the way forward it lurches to the far left and vice versa.

I tried "swap axes" in FF tune and that fixed the pitch axis.

However, the roll axis still seems to be inverted, i.e. pressing the trim button anywhere left of the center sends it to corresponding place on the right.

I use a Logitech G940 stick.

Like I mentioned here , I found a similar trim problem with the FC3 aircrafts, haven´t tried the other modules though. So it might be a "World-Problem".

It seems, they somehow got the trim axis mixed up. For us G940 it just might be more obvious, as we get direct feedback.

Maybe someone can try all the other modules to confirm it as a DCS:W problem? I´m far away from my gaming rig, at the time..

When you try out the keyboard trim commands, they don´t work they way you would expect them either.

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

I can also confirm this as an issue in my game as well. I'm patched up to version 1.2.2.71222 and I'm using the Logitech G940.

The force feedback response is such that:

Forward stick, trim = stick springs left

Left stick, trim = stick springs forward

Back stick, trim = stick springs right

Right stick, trim = stick springs back

If you go into the control options and swap the force feedback response axis you get:

Foward stick, trim = stick springs forward

Left stick, trim = stick springs right (doh!)

Back stick, trim = stick springs back

Right stick, trim = stick springs left (doh!)

I then though, ah ha! You can swap the axis X response curve maybe that will fix the left/right trim issue. But then I didn't really think that through properly as then left stick = right stick movement and right stick = left stick movement.... So yeah... For G940 users and probably everyone else who likes to use force feedback the game is now broken.

As a matter of interested I tried the trim system in Warthog and that is broken exactly as described above. :helpsmilie:

Also ED!! As it seems you'll be looking at this trim issue can you please correct the long standing trim issue in Blackshark whereby adjusting the stick x and y response curves from the default perfectly linear scale causes the force feedback trim position to become inaccurate. :thumbup:

I have the same issues too. Im using a G940. This seems to be a World issue. Trims are not working like it should be. This bug should be corrected as soon as possible. I have tried to reinstall 1.2.1 to cross check - trims are ok with this version.

Heeeeelp Please.

Another one here, G940 is a health hazard flying any module in DCSW since 1.2.2

Toad, Shark, Huey and Mi-8 driver.

27" iMac 3.4Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, 2GB 680MX . Logitech G940 (modded), 2 x crappy Dell 1024x768 monitors for ShKval, ABRIS etc. TrackIR 3, Trackclip Pro.

Two updates since 1.2.2 still to no avail! I'm starting to hate the situation!

I already hate it, my friend... :(

Ninth day without a slightest notice. This 1.2.2 upgrade did more harm than good and it's not first time for me. What's beyond my understanding, how can things like that happen to a professional software development company?

Yup, same problem (trim FFB messed up on G940 in several World modules) here.

That is the second time in 3 days that I have been bitten by ED's software, with problems that should have been detected by applying the most elementary QA procedures (I am not talking about ISO9xxx whatever, just common sense checking of the most basic functionality before release).

My return to the DCS environment has been an exercise in frustration so far : first getting corrupted installer packages from the download page (ED eventually acknowledged the problem was on their side and fixed it but not before I had been told by a couple of souls on this forums that the package must have become corrupted as a result of the download, even though I had indicated that the MD5's checksums were correct - grr), then this. And looking in these forums, it is clear that I am not alone (which is hardly surprising considering that, for all its imperfections, the G940 is probably the most common FFB stick amongst flightsimmers these days).

Do not get me wrong, I am amazed at what ED has produced so far and in particular to their attention to detail in systems modelling, the quality of the 3D models, the variety of the available weaponry etc. But they should realize that the end-user experience depends less on the sum of the parts of their software than on the weakest part.

Currently, the KA-50 is simply unflyable for G940 users :(

The announcement of FC3 and other modules is what brought me back to DCS (that, and a better PC) but I will now wait a couple of months, while monitoring these forums, to see if things are improving before investing more (time) in this series.

• Like 1

5800X3D - 6950XT - Pico 4

Do not get me wrong, I am amazed at what ED has produced so far and in particular to their attention to detail in systems modelling, the quality of the 3D models, the variety of the available weaponry etc. But they should realize that the end-user experience depends less on the sum of the parts of their software than on the weakest part.

+1 on that! Exactly my words!

As I said in another thread few days ago, ED's product are absolutely the best concerning simulation aspects (flight model, avionics, systems, etc. etc.).

I dreamt of sim like that since i played LHX (

- check this if you don't know what I'm talking about :)), and now, I have it.

But sadly, things are not so bright when it comes to software quality. Those unnecessary bugs ruined my beloved sim several times in the past, and now again. I wish that ED guys were as half as good at software optimisation as they are at sim engineering.

I want my BS2 back...

it f....s me up that i have waited for months til the problem with the datalink has been solved... and right in the same update the steering with the g940 has been messed up... and ed doesn´t post a statement on this or even release a hotfix for that... i´m really disappointed so far...

how long does it take to be solved? please hurry