How to Update DCS World to version 1.2.2 ?

ErichVon

A link would be fine, I am sure this probably has been discussed recently.

I have DCS World version 1.2.0.3205

I also have the pre-purchase betas of the P-51D and the A-10C.

What do I do, download each, then uninstall World, then add the new .exe files for World, and separately for each, the P-51 and A-10C modules? Will the modules find their way into the DCS World program by running their each .exe files? I think I am correct doing this process.

And do I save out the Saved Games controllers setups for my CH Products?

I am now age 61 and I forget stuff day to day. I feel more comfortable asking and reiterating ad nauseum. Sorry.

I want to purchase the Ka-50 next for World.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by ErichVon

Uninstall ALL previous versions and delete your Saved Games folder/s in their entirety. Manually delete ALL leftover folders.

Download new files from here:

DCS World: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

Modules: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

DCS World is mandatory. As regards to the modules, just download those that you have purchased and you're good to go.

Once downloaded, place all files you downloaded into a single folder and run the World .exe first and install. Once World is installed, run the respective module .exe's and they will automatically install to World's location.

Good news is that, with the auto-updater, this is the last time that you'll have to attend to all this rigmaroll.

Easy as Apple-Pie :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 weeks later...
It's pretty sad that you have to download EVERYTHING all over instead of just applying a patch. That's so pathetic...

Nah, its not...

---------------------------------------------

'I want to purchase the Ka-50 next for World.'

Didnt you already own Black Shark 2 standalone? If im correct you can use that serial in the Ka-50 World module.

Gents,

On the topic, how can I carry over my saved data (completed missions, logbook pilot info, and input configs) to DCS World modules from my old A-10C standalone? Thanks in advance!

I did not carry over anything.

I still have my DCS A-10C, DCS BS2, FC2 BS1, and FC2 and my original LockOn. Everything still works.

In my C:\Users\username\Saved Games I only deleted my previous DCS beta. I kept my DCS Black Shark 2 and DCS Warthog.

I do not have the FC3 module, yet. But I am still keeping FC2 if it is at all possible.

I have DCS World and the Warthog, P-51d, and BS2 for it.

I created different directories and I do not use Program Files for gaming.

I take advice, but I don't always do what I am told if I question procedures. I experiment cautiously.

It's pretty sad that you have to download EVERYTHING all over instead of just applying a patch. That's so pathetic...

Thats the whole point of World version 1.2.1 and beyond....so you dont have to do it again. Thats why ED made the auto-updater.

Pathetic is not realizing this before you post.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

• 1 year later...

this is not true either....cause I just reinstalled everything after doing a reformat and DCS DOES NOT auto update !!!!! So on that note could some one please tell me how to get it to auto update without me having to delete everything all over and re-install .... it is really a hassle doing that!!!

I am running version 1.2.10 325...