helios unmapped

cheap charlie

My helios stopped as wel with the update

But aftet placind back the backup folder it was working again

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

in your install folder off DCS World

there is a backup folder being made everytime a update comes out

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

_backup.001

_backup.002

_backup.003

should look like tha

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic90574_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Australasian Gaming Community

Specs: Intel Quad 2.4GHz -- Geforce GTX 560 Duo -- SSD HDD -- 8Gb Mem -- 23" led -- 17"touch -- Logitech G940 Flight System --JoyLocs-- TIR 5 -- Cougar MFD'S -- Helios -

All you had to really was copy those folders in the backup folder to your DCS folder and everthing would have worked. Helios itself only modifies the export.lua. Your backup folder will contain very little as it is related to Helios. It may only be a few files in the backup folders depending on how many exports you are using. So...what i'm trying to say here is you should have listened to Sci2 and just copied those folders from the backup.000 folder and all will be well again. It really is just that simple...too bad you ignored his help.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Ok, I will be the dumb one here, my helios stopped as well, I see mention of where the backups are, question is, once I fingd these files

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

_backup.001

_backup.002

_backup.003"

What do I do with them? Thanks,,, Im an idiot by the way, any help would be appreciated

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok, I will be the dumb one here, my helios stopped as well, I see mention of where the backups are, question is, once I fingd these files

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

_backup.001

_backup.002

_backup.003"

What do I do with them? Thanks,,, Im an idiot by the way, any help would be appreciated

Everytime a new backup comes out, a backup folder with the next appended number will appear in your DCS folder. These folders contain files which were changed with the latest update. I currently have 7 backup folders in my DCS folder. These are for the user who is having problems with the latest update and might consider reverting to the previous unchanged files prior to the current update they received. But always backup anything you are changing no matter what.

It's is probably a good idea to keep these folders until you are sure you will never need them again then you can do whatever you want with them. You will see another folder with the latest appended number in your DCS folder after receiving the next update.

ok, from the 2 responses I see, apparently after I get an update, and Helios stops working again, I go into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" open up the last sequential backup file and drag those files back into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" and allow a copy and replace. This is the procedure correct?

If it is , I missed something along the way, because after I did that and started DCS, I got error messages about corrupted files,,,

Anyway, good thing I do frequent backups, I did a restore back to an image file prior to the last update, all is well but Im not going to do another update until I am certain I understand how to fix Helious after it breaks after every update,,,,, Thanks for the help so far

Edited by Fakum

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

ok, from the 2 responses I see, apparently after I get an update, and Helios stops working again, I go into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" open up the last sequential backup file and drag those files back into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World" and allow a copy and replace. This is the procedure correct

yes thats it

Thank you sir! I have to assume at this point I goofed in that simple process, because, as I stated, I did that and I got corrupted error messages. With that being said, now that I have a fresh restore installed, I will update again and follow that procedure and see what happens. Thanks

I just updated, and it works fine, thanks