Survey: Is there any interest in a Leavu style MFD for Fc3?

Very short question. Is there any interest in having a leavu style MFD application for Fc3?

If you think so, let me know on Skype so we can set up some test environments.

Depending on how many want it and are willing to put in some test time (on Skype), I will decide if to make one or not :).

If you don't know what leavu is, check:

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

absolutely, i would be interested in testing. I just got it up and running for FC2 using helios as well. Been using the A-10 exports and helios for a while now. I run multiple touch screens also.

Whats your skype name?

PMed

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

you know I like it.. but no time to help test.. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Too bad that your work couldn't have been included in FC3. The major hurtle online anyway, is having LEAVU as an addon now that there is File Checking in place. Being part of a default install would have been sweet.

Or... Get to work for ED and include the functionality of LEAVU in DCS fighter :)

I'm pretty sure that any dcs mpcd would easily cover all of leavu/gear's rudimentary functionality and a lot more. Leavu was just a cool project to bring the fc2 eagle up to something a little less ... primitive ^^. Just consider the ka50 and a10c implementation which are both pretty darn good. Personally I didnt enjoy the schoolbus flying of the 10c, but the ka50 was a LOT of fun to learn and fly around in!

Too bad that your work couldn't have been included in FC3. The major hurtle online anyway, is having LEAVU as an addon now that there is File Checking in place. Being part of a default install would have been sweet.

Or... Get to work for ED and include the functionality of LEAVU in DCS fighter :)

The root of the problem is not that LEAVU is an addon. The REAL problem is the integrity checker. Maybe one day we will get an integrity checker that cannot be fooled, and which can recognize different mods as also being valid, non-cheating installs.

Edited by Speed
  • Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

• 2 months later...
any movement on this?

Sorry no I stopped working on it, since there really wasn't much interest. Maybe if I start playing f3 myself in the future I'll look in to it.

Anyone with Scala/Java knowledge is ofc free to take over the (incredibly messy) source code :).

• 1 month later...

Given enough people that can on avg be online every other day evening time CET for testing, I could make something. The reason this is low prio for me solo right now are many, but mostly because I pretty much don't play much sims atm - And that I used to be in a squad where we tested & improved this stuff daily, but not anymore. It's the kind of environment required to make something useful.

So it's quite a big commitment, and I think there needs to be 2 or 3 people making this commitment.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked LEAVU but understand the committment needed on your behalf, if it doesnt go any further, thanks for a great product.

Easy monitor config said they would set up FC3 exports once its out of beta, maybe that will compensate a little for no leavu!!