Su-25 Air-to-Air-mode

Andi31

Hi,

I can't find the air to air mode for the DCS World Su-25.

In Lock On/the pdf.manual it says it's the key '6',

but in the control options there is just the a-g-mode (7) and one other.

Can pls. anyone help me? :)

Thx, Andi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes it's Key 6. If you're equipped with R-60's or R-73's point the reticle in the hud at an air target and you will get a tone for launch, you will have to judge the distance to target. Furthermore if you hit "C" you will be in cannon mode.

Speed is life !!!

Hi,

I can't find the air to air mode for the DCS World Su-25.

Ever tried Longitual Aiming mode (I recall "2") in conjunction with missiles?

There are training missions/videos for free on the eagle.ru webpage. There is also a lesson concerning "shooting down a helicopter".

[TABLE]91st Infantry Regiment "Oldenburger"

RRF Ranger Batallion 314 (AB)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][/TABLE]

Ever tried Longitual Aiming mode (I recall "2") in conjunction with missiles?

There are training missions/videos for free on the eagle.ru webpage. There is also a lesson concerning "shooting down a helicopter".

Only Fi0 mode (6) relevant to the Toad - nothing more.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yeah, the only mode with AA missiles is the Longitudinal aiming mode (6 i think), the Su 25 doesnt have any RADAR, so there's no trully AA mode ... you have to lock with the missile sensor before attempt a launch.

Hint: In Longitudinal Mode, the cross juste below the center of the reticle IS where the head of your missile is pointing to, try to put your target on that cross, when you hear the tone, FIRE! :)

Although just remind that the Su25 is not fitted at all for the AA combat :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi there,

i'm very new to this sim and had the same problem.Pepermint has it right..press f6 and select the missile,remember the r73 has better range and is more agile,then you have to get in close until you get a launch tone..if you get the target in the cross-hairs it helps(increases the detection range)..and fire!!do not hesitate! You will find that the missile will only launch when it has a tone,so don't hesitate,and that tone will come and go especially against an evading target.Helicopters are murder,stay away from them.Supposedly there is a way to lock on to them with Vikhers but try as i might i can't..if you succeed let me know!I even tried locking onto a Hercules and couldn't!!

You can go air to air in the SU25 but it's a rather hazardous undertaking i feel!

maybe even the launch override would work even before you have lock and missile would lock on in mid-flight... ? :D Who knows! ;)

And yes, you should be able by locking the nmy plane by Shkval targeting system (the screen) and then fire one or two (Ctrl/Strg + V is firing two missiles, but first launch override needed) Vikhr at him... same with R-73 and R-66, after launch override and the hotkey combo u can shoot two missiles next to each other... ;) :D pretty damn cool... 8)

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Supposedly there is a way to lock on to them with Vikhers but try as i might i can't..if you succeed let me know!I even tried locking onto a Hercules and couldn't!!

You can go air to air in the SU25 but it's a rather hazardous undertaking i feel!

You have to change Shkval's gate size, and than it works without a hitch. For combat helicopters try and A-10/Su-25 type targets try 15-18 meters, larger airplanes - look up their wingspan and use that. I've shot down a few Mi-24s and AH-64s in Su-25T campaign with Vikhrs, they're especially vulnerable when hovering. When you spot a helicopter, try and move 10km away from it, turn back at the area you spotted him, and aim Shkval there and stabilize. When you spot him, move the Shkval gate (which you've previously changed to the target's size) over him, lock and let him have it... If you don't spot him before you're 5km away, turn 180, rinse and repeat.

You have to change Shkval's gate size, and than it works without a hitch. For combat helicopters try and A-10/Su-25 type targets try 15-18 meters, larger airplanes - look up their wingspan and use that. I've shot down a few Mi-24s and AH-64s in Su-25T campaign with Vikhrs, they're especially vulnerable when hovering. When you spot a helicopter, try and move 10km away from it, turn back at the area you spotted him, and aim Shkval there and stabilize. When you spot him, move the Shkval gate (which you've previously changed to the target's size) over him, lock and let him have it... If you don't spot him before you're 5km away, turn 180, rinse and repeat.

And for more fun (bigger explosion) launch override, Ctrl + V and shoot two Vikhrs... :devil:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence